Chapter 4: Swimming Class Pt. 2

Kiyo POV

It seems that the students attending the swimming lessons are plenty compared to the past dimension or universe. Well, if it wasn't for me choking Ike and Yamauchi, there's no doubt, 16 of us are gonna attend the swimming class.

I can't let Ike and Yamauchi's perverted desires destroy the unity of the class I will be forming as the time passes. I'll have to resort to violence again if it's necessary. But I doubt that happening again.

"Shiba-kun, how did you meet Koenji-san?" Matsushita randomly asked out of nowhere.

I don't know if this is a normal question or she's challenging me to a psychological warfare to fish informations out of me but base on her facial expressions, it's nothing but an ordinary question. Not like she can fish informations out of me in the first place.

[I don't know how fucking psychological warfare works, so kindly enlighten me and my peasant brain.]

"Shiba-kun and I met in New York. His father works for my dad as my dad's secretary," surprisingly Koenji-san replied for me.

"No wonder Shiba-kun and Koenji-san are so close!" Satou exclaimed.

"Shiba-kun, you seemed surprised about Koenji-san saying she'll be your fiancee. Weren't you told about that?" This time, it was Onodera who asked the question.

Koenji-san seemed embarrassed about the thing she said in her introduction but she didn't barge in to our conversation to stop and change the subject. I guess I should answer Onodera and her question.

"I wasn't informed at all. I think my father knows about it but I think he let Koenji-san told me herself instead."

Before we could finish our conversation, the swimming instructor entered.

"There are twenty-four of you, huh? Anyway, my name is Naka Dashi. I will be your swimming instructor!"

Naka... Dashi? What a weird name. Was that also his name back in the alternate dimension?

"After you warm up, I want to see what you can really do. Swim for me," Naka-sensei said.

"Excuse me, sir. I can't really swim, though..." A lone boy sheepishly raised his hand and spoke up. If I remember correctly, his name is Hondo.

"Since you have me as your teacher, you'll be swimming by summertime. Don't worry about a thing."

"Well, we don't really need to force ourselves to swim, do we? It's not like we're going to the beach or anything."

"No way. I don't mind at all if you're bad at swimming now, but I'll make sure you guys are winners in the end. Besides, being able to swim will definitely come in handy later in life. Definitely."

As expected. Naka-sensei here and the coach back then had told us about the same thing.

My alternate self is probably thinking, 'Swimming would definitely come in handy? Well, I suppose knowing how to swim would be convenient. However, hearing a teacher say something like that made me feel uncomfortable. Though, he probably just wanted to keep the students from sinking like rocks,' thing. I bet she's preventing herself from drawing conclusions out inside her head by lying even to herself.

I think I'm the only person on Earth who lies to themselves, yes?

I then rose from the pool and started my warm-up practice. I could feel the girls' stare and some of the boys' glare of envy.

I should've bought a rash guard...

"Wow.... Shiba-kun, I didn't notice it earlier but you're so fit. You're not as buff as Red-hair-kun, but your muscle proportions are very well-developed! You must've done more intense training since the last time we met, didn't you Shiba-kun?" Koenji-san asked.