Chapter 11: An Unexpected Reunion

Kiyo POV

It is almost dusk. I found myself at the seaside, leaning my hand on the railing while thinking about the dream I had last night.

It felt so..... real.

The way I conversed with my alternate self from different universe felt completely real no matter how hard I think about it.

But the fact that I wasn't aware that I am inside a dream contradicts my hypothesis of being able to contact my alternate self in an another universe. But the most confusing thing is that it also contradicts the fact that me being unaware that I am in a dream as I can feel the texture and taste the cookie very realistically while I listened to his every single explanation.

This isn't the time to think of that. I thought. Now that I have a girlfriend that I can confidently say I genuinely love, I need to make her happy, and prolong our relationship as long as we could.

I still can't forget that one moment in my life where I first my eyes on her: the last time we met before reuniting here in ANHS.

*Flashback 1 year ago

I still can't believe Mr. Koenji had assigned me to watch over her daughter, Lady Koenji Rokusaki, shopping. Like last time, this might be the longest 3-5 hours of my life...

I must've looked like as pale as a corpse upon hearing Mr. Koenji said that I'll look out for her daughter but Mr. Koenji had just laughed it off and wished me good luck. I had this rare phobias where I fear going out shopping with a girl.

Because...you know... They said it only lasts for an hour but the actual time they're going to spend looking at something before buying.

1 and a half hours before the assigned time arrive, I took a bath which lasted for 15 minutes. After taking a bath, I went to my wardrobe and picked a black blazer, underneath it is a white t-shirt with blue stripes on the lower part. And lastly, maroon jeans as per my mother's advise since I don't really have any fashion sense.

(Same goes for me lol. I don't and never go to the so-called, "disco," or parties in other municipalities and other places aside from our neighborhood but it's not frequent, lmfao so I don't really dress up that often.)

The changing of clothes took me almost half an hour because of my mother joining in since she thought me and Lady Koenji are going on a "date."

I arrived at the station 10 minutes before the assigned time. Eventually, Lady Koenji arrived, only a few more minutes before the assigned time.

Her black hair was swaying due to the breeze. The boys she walked past of were looking at how gorgeous she was. I can't deny that.

"You're early, Shiba-kun," she said. "I guess it's already expected of you. But since when?"

"Greetings, Lady Koenji. To answer your question, I arrived approximately 5 minutes ago." I lied.

If I said, "I just got here," she will immediately shout at my face and tell me to be honest. I've done it a couple of times, and I hate the stares and murmurs I am getting since it makes me very uncomfortable, so I'm absolutely not doing it again.

"Geez, I already told you to call me Rokusaki or Koenji-san! Hmph!" She pouted.

"Then, Koenji-san, let's go?"

I'm starting to feel uncomfortable of the stares I am getting so I initiated to start and finish this hell as soon as possible.