Chapter 8: Forgotten Feelings

3rd person POV

It was now 8:00 in the evening but Kiyone still invited Kiyotaka for a dinner as thanks for trying to protect her peaceful and normal student life. A dinner date perhaps? Who knows.

As Kiyone was cooking chicken curry for their dinner as per Kiyotaka's request, Kiyotaka meanwhile was thinking, or more like he can't remove from his mind the owner of the menacing aura he and his female self felt coming from next door upon entering Kiyone's room

"Dinner is ready, Shiba-kun!" Kiyone's smooth voice called out to him from the kitchen.

"Alright, I'm coming," Kiyotaka replied and then entered the kitchen.

After putting the foods on the table, Kiyone sat on one of the two chairs, Kiyotaka then followed.

""Itadakimasu!"" both of them said in unison.

Before Kiyotaka could shove the food into his mouth, Kiyotaka asked, "You're not going to do what Horikita did to me, are you?"

The poor boy was traumatized because of the troublesome task given by Horikita.

Kiyone sighed. "I won't. You don't believe yourself?"

"Well, I sometimes lie to my self. I'm sorry for doubting you."

Kiyotaka answered honestly.

Kiyone smiled internally upon seeing his male self getting traumatized after just a food blackmail. But she did also know that she'll end up the same if it weren't for Kiyotaka so she thanked him inside her mind.

Kiyotaka then shove the food into his mouth. His eyes widened upon tasting Kiyone's cooking. The ingredients of the curry bursted into Kiyotaka's mouth making him crave more of Kiyone's cooking but he is not shameless to demand Kiyone to cook for him more.

"Delicious..." Kiyotaka muttered. "Your cooking is very delicious, Ayanokouji-san!" Kiyotaka unintentionally exclaimed.

"Thanks for the compliment, Shiba-kun."

Kiyotaka dug a spoonful of chiken curry and shoved it into his mouth again and savored the delicious chicken curry Kiyone had cooked.

Seeing this, Kiyone's frozen heart warmed up a little upon seeing how her male self with emotions act.

'He's just like Aomine-kun...he's full of smile.' she thought.

As she stared at Kiyotaka savoring her cooking to the last drop, she was reminded of her late friend. No matter the hardship and pain this Aomine experienced inside the White Room, his smile doesn't fade.

"Say, Ayanokouji-san, how did you know how to cook? I'm pretty sure the White Room in my universe doesn't teach us how to cook."

"Well, it was Aunty Matsuo who taught me. She told me that a girl that's as beautiful as me should know how to cook specially one day when I'm getting married." Kiyone paused a little and asked the question that's been on her mind to fluster her male self.

"On a related topic, don't you think that's the case now? I mean if you look at us in an outsider's perspective, don't we look like a newlywed couple?"

Kiyotaka almost choked upon hearing Kiyone's question, but it wasn't noticeable. He grabbed a glass of water and answered.

"Well, in an 'outsider's perspective,' then yes," Kiyotaka replied.

"But we are the same person in a different body, genes and gender. But even so, do you want to go out with me, your male self, Kiyone-san?"

Kiyotaka did what he did to Matsushita except he called her by her first name. Truth to be told, he was expecting it to fail but Kiyone just stayed silent, probably thinking a reply and make the smoothest come back.