Chapter 1|One Direction's Unofficial Sixth Member

Today started as any other day; I was abruptly and rudely awaken by my annoying alarm clock, I accidentally spilt my mango smoothie all over my uniform and had to opt for um... last year's slightly bigger uniform.

Yikesies.

Then, I was running late to meet my friends outside our favourite tea house, I tripped over a chihuahua, whom I swear has it out for me and then last but, not least, I, Elaine Dearly, got hit in the face with a soccer ball.

But, this wasn't just any soccer ball. Nope. This was none other than, One Direction's unofficial sixth member, Beckinsale Carter's soccer ball.

"Are you kidding me?" the words escaped me in a desperate gasp as I cup my face.

By the looks of it, the rising star, captain of Everdear Lynx High's soccer team, Beck was in fact running drills with the the rest of his... fairy's.

I call them fairy's because they once stormed into Eleanor's dance class in fairy costumes attempting what I think was ballet.

Oh, Eleanor Kline is my best friend. We grew up together; in kindergarten, she had tripped and taken me down with her resulting in glitter and raw macaroni to be forced into places I still have nightmares about.

"Beckinsale Carter!" I was fuming, "how dare you"

Instead of showing any ounce of concern for basically rearranging my facial features, he smiled at me.

"Laine, I am so sorry" he stood in front of me eyes landing on my, probably, now bruised cheek and moved my hand. "I really didn't mean to do that, let's see this.."

He ran a finger along the length of my cheekbone softly as ever and winced when I did.

"Ouchies, you better get to the nurse asap and get some ice"

I stared at him, eyes narrowed as he jogs backwards to his team. I'm pretty sure my nose was flared too but, I was in too much pain to stick around any longer.

With a roll of the eyes, I was off.

-

"Keep the ice pack on it for a few minutes and rest but, do not fall asleep..." the school nurse insisted before I heard her mumble, "I don't need another parent threatening after an ambulance is called"

Lucky for her, my parents are somewhat missing. Well, my father is, my mother is out of town for a few days on business, per usual.

Don't get me wrong, I love my mother but, I never really got to grow up with her. I never knew my dad because apparently he left on business to Australia and never returned. I don't know what I believe, to be honest.

-

As the bell rings for first period, I'm still stuck in the nurse's office with a nurse who either hates her patients or hates her job. I am not sure. Beside me, there's a kid, maybe freshman based on the fact his shirt is tucked into his trousers and he actually wears the school tie. Seems like he's been in deep manure too, he has a warm towel over his forehead and is breathing quite deeply.

I sigh.

It must've been louder than I thought because the kid removes the towel and opens one eye, peering at me. I blush in embarrassment and try to avoid unnecessary eye contact with this stranger.

I failed.

The corner of his lips tilt upward... I think. I can't tell since he's laying rather flat.

Enough of the awkward silence, I clear my throat but, it sounds like I'm trying force myself to be sick. I cringe inwardly. It makes him chuckle and sit up.

"What are you in for?"

I hear the deep, rough voice and it startles me as I look toward the source.

It's him, the dude I swear was a freshman because of his nerdy but, cute appearance. Although, now looking at him, I was oh so wrong.

My breath catches as I take in his features, not-so-subtly. It makes his light nude coloured lips smirk again.

The action reminded me of Beck for some reason and I feel myself facepalm.

I hear him speak and yet, I felt like I spoke any other language other than English. "Are you alright, there?"

He says, clearly this time.

"Oh, sorry I'm okay, yeah. I think..." he smiles lightly and nods, "am I still in America?" I close my eyes and hear him chuckle.

"Yes, you are still in America" I nod, "Are you sure you're okay? I can call in the nurse if-"

I cut him off, "That won't be necessary, thank you" I sit up too fast and feel my head spin as I groan. All of a sudden I feel strong hands take hold of my forearms steadying me. I open my eyes and wow. They're pretty. It's like looking into a river chocolate. I love chocolate.

"Thanks for that, is this what it feels like to have a hangover?" I question, it makes him laugh again.

"Uh, I wouldn't know, actually. I' happen to be a very good boy" he leans in to whisper a breath away from my lips, "although if you don't tell my mom, I'm pretty sure what you're feeling is worse" he shrugs.

"I'm Henry Forrester and you are?"

As I begin to speak the bell for second period blares through the school and I realize I've missed my entire first class Which means I'm probably already so behind. Gosh.

I gather my backpack, holding the ice pack to my still very sore face and zoom out of the nurse's office, hopefully making it to my second class.

As I reach the corner of the hall, I remember the boy from the sick bed and smile.

Henry Forrester.

What a first day.

.。*♡✧*。