Chapter 10|Thirsty?

Putting my conversation with Beck aside, I become parched from all the dancing with Mere and George so, I head to the table where all the food and beverages are.

Thankfully, I see water, although I usually am against plastic bottles, at this point in time I don't care. I take two and make my way out back where the vibe is less energetic and crowded. I look around for a quiet place to sit. I spot the gazebo and it appears to be empty, thank god.

I make my way towards the gazebo and take a seat. Downing the water, I feel it trickle down my lips and last my chin.

"Thirsty?"

I'm startled by a deep voice that automatically recognise and I place the water down, "Henry, hi what are you doing here?"

He smiles, "mind if I sit?" I shake my head as he sits and continues, "Thanks and well, you know I'm on the soccer team so, that's pretty much an automatic invite"

"Oh, right" I chuckle nervously, "I forgot about that"

"Yes, I am one of the jocks, obviously" he bows with a laugh, "this jock also realises, I don't have any way of communication with one, Elaine Dearly"

I chuckle as I pull out my phone from my jacket pocket, "that is true, I would like anti social communication with you, Henry Forrester" I say as he takes my phone to create a contact.

"how's your night been going?" I ask as he smiles handing my phone back with his name as Henry with a tree emoji.

He stretches lightly as he releases a sigh, "oh uh, I've been trying to, in the nicest way possible, avoid the claws of Lillian Sawyer, she doesn't really take a hint huh?"

The look on his face is cute as he smiles awkwardly and scratches the back of his head.

"Yeahhh, she can be quite the character, so, you've met her before?" I ask, subtly.

He gives me a look, "you know her name, that's why  I ask" I chuckle again.

"Oh yeah, I met her at Beck's house when he hosted the first soccer team dinner of the school year, she stopped by not so casually, might I add" we laugh softly and he makes a face as to say, typical huh, "I guess she saw that I was new and yeah, the rest is history"

I don't say anything for a passing minute as he awkwardly shifts and his leg brushes mine.

"I see I see" I smile in amusement, "well, my friend, good luck"

Silence overcomes us as our laughter dies down. I take a deep breath and close my eyes, appreciating the silence away from the party. I can feel his presence next to me and the beating of my heart fastens.

I open my eyes and turn to face him. He's already looking at me.
We're a few breaths away from one another and if I tilt my head forward just enough...

Fireworks could appear.

This is the part in every teen movie where the main character gets her first kiss and potential first boyfriend.

But, this isn't a movie and I'm not the main character.

Our heads swiftly turn towards the back door as it slams shut and the shadow of whoever was there disappears.

"Uh well, I should probably get back to my friends" I stand and point toward the house, "I feel like I'm the DD tonight"

He chuckles making me smile, "ohh right right, well I get the vibe that you're a crazy, scary driver"

I gasp and reply, " I'll have you know that I am an exceptional driver, Henry Forrester "

"Ohh right, right, then I have no choice but to believe you, Elaine Dearly " he smiles his charming smile.

"Goodnight, Henry" I say softly as I back away.

"Sweet dreams, Elaine"

-

"So, roller rink? Wednesday at 6, I'll pick you up?"

Gag. Gross, Beck's flirting.

Poor girl.

I see Beck leaning over someone against the wall as I make my way towards Mere and whoever else she's with. I don't see Eleanor anywhere so, I ask, "hey, where's Leanor?"

She smirks and I follow closely to where she's pointing and I see the person whom Beck was leaning over.

Eleanor.

He twirls a lock of her hair as he smiles at her but, it's a different smile. It's not his genuine, golden boy smile. Eleanor is blushing more so than ever as she places her hands on his chest.

Beck smirks as he cups her cheek and leans down slowly.

Meredith grips onto my arm and squeals in excitement. I gulp, looking back to the close pair just in time to see him place a kiss on the corner of her lips.

"Oh my god, Ela, did you see that?!"

I force a smile on as Eleanor reaches us and squeals along with Mere. They look towards me waiting for a reaction.

"Wow, that was..." I wrack my brain for a word, any word, "wow, I'm speechless, it finally happened" I smile and hug Eleanor.

"I know" she once again squeals in excitement hugging me back, tighter.

"Oh please, I mean it was a start, next time it'll be more centred" Mere says.

-

"Sleepover at yours still, Ela?" asks Eleanor and I fight the urge to say no because I have this feeling in my gut.

I frown and say, "uhhh yeah, if you girls wanna stay, that's cool"

I can feel their eyes on me as I drive and I try my best to avoid them as long as I can.

"Did something happen at the party? Besides, Beleanor electricity obviously"

"Huh? Oh not really, I just sat outside with Henry after all the dancing and yeah..." I see them exchange a look of curiosity and ask for more, "we, uh, almost kissed"

"What?!" They scream and I almost lose control of the wheel.

"What the hell, you guys?"

"You almost kissed hottie Henry?"

"Oh my gosh, this is perfect"

I roll my eyes at them and begin to chew on my lip, "yeah but,we were interrupted by someone slamming the back door so..."

As I pull into my driveway I hear Mere mumble something along the lines of, "interesting "

Too tired to ask as I make my way inside ready for a long and well deserved sleep.

I lay down as I remember the events of tonight and one moment in particular...

Sweet dreams, Elaine

.。*♡✧*。