Chapter 3|Too Stunned to Care

"Why would you do that?!" the question seemed to escape from our mouths simultaneously.

"Do what? I tried to stop you from embarrassing yourself Elaine" Eleanor gasps dramatically as her cheeks still burn from her lover's childish antics'.

Mere scoffs as she mumbles to herself, "she did a pretty good job at that already" which in turn earned looks of disbelief from Eleanor and I.

She raises her hands in defence before Eleanor decides to betray me and agree with her.

"I- ugh, whatever, are you guys still coming over?"

They nod as we stand to leave, Mere casts one last longing look toward the forbidden fruit of Greece as we make our way out.

Mere stops Eleanor and I just as we exit and step out onto the sidewalk.

"Do you think something rather... physical is going on between Lillian and Fin?" she asks in a hushed whisper.

Eleanor and I share a look of ponder as Meredith looks as though she's got an entire colony of fire ants dancing around in her pants.

"Do we think something rather physical could possibly be going on between one, Lillian Sawyer and Finlay, the all forbidden fruit of Greece?" I place my fingers on my chin as I turn to look back to Eleanor, "what do you think, Leanor?"

"Hmm, what do I think? What do I think?I don't know, maybe something fishy" she coos placing her hands upon Meredith's shoulders.

"Or something fruity" I say as I nod toward Fin, openly and honestly flirting with a brunette surfer boy.

Our heads tilt to the side as we appear as onlookers. Interesting.

Good for him!

"I don't mind" Meredith cheers as she perks up rather excitedly and unlocks her bike.

Eleanor and I share a look and a laugh as we begin to follow suit.

Oh Meredith, Meredith, Meredith.

-

"So, you know how Beck is having a party soon for his birthday...?"

I knew as soon as she opened her mouth it'd be something about Beckinsale Carter. She's been obsessed with him since forever really. Sometimes, I feel bad because for as long as she's had a crush on him, he's only ever been sweet to her. Never flirty. Then I remember that once she leaves for college there'll be so much more for her.

"So, I was thinking we just get ready at Elaine's since she lives-" I cut her off abruptly "Um, what now? I am not going to Beckinsale Carter's birthday party"

I'm not going.

And they can't make me.

"Look, Elaine we know how you feel about Beck but..." here it comes, the guilt trip, "but, you know how much Eleanor loves him"

"She has a crush on him, yes."

She rolls her eyes and continues, "she has deep feelings for him and as her best friends, we're entitled to help her in any and every way we can, possible, to get them together"

They both smile wide and if I didn't know them I'd be scared but, I narrow my eyes anyway. I see Leanor pout a little, even though it never works on me, Mere has a soft spot for it.

"Come on, El. Help me, pleaseeee!" she begs continuously with pleading eyes setting her bike aside as she gets her knees.

"Don't beg, you look like a dog" I say as I start walking, I feel their stares as I sigh in defeat, "but, fine. We'll go"

They scream and cheer as they hurry along talking about what to wear and whatever else.

-

To say I'm happy right now, is a lie.

I'm quickly regretting my decision to agree to going to Beckinsale's party next week.

I've never been one for parties or anything of the social sort. I mean, I am social... enough. I have social anxiety and so, I just don't like people. I'm not a people person, now Mere is a people person. Even, Eleanor has her moments of being outgoing. To be honest, I think it's Carter's fault why I'm like this.

I'm serious. He's been hell-bent on making my life hell since we were kids.

For some reason, Eleanor had grown quite fondly of him. I think it was puberty. I blame that.

Sure, he's got some muscles in places where they look somewhat nice and a face that is also nice and hair that flops, annoyingly. I don't see it, though. The overall appeal.

"I wanna wear this because I feel like it accentuates my figure and maybe it'll get him to notice me in a new light" Eleanor says as she holds a violet coloured dress with too many holes to her olive toned skin.

"Or maybe even wear the green one"

Meredith has a very specific look, think Kat X Jules from Euphoria and that's her. Two very different styles but, somehow she makes it look good.

I'd say it's her strawberry blonde hair making the colours pop against her skin.

"Maybeeeee you should just wear something you're comfortable in, that always brings me confidence" they pause and stare at me as if I had grown another head.

"Okay" they go back to talking about hair and makeup and whatnot, "I'm going to get food, want anything?" I ask as they absentmindedly gesture me off as if to say, anything or whatever.

I never knew why they stuck around with me. I'm nothing like them, I'm like Edward Scissorhands in a world full of Peter Parker's and Penelope Featherington's.

Weird reference, I know but, it's the truth. I'm just that different.

"It's a shame to be so euphoric and weak, when you smile at me, and you tell me the things-"

I'm a big fan of Mariah, yes. I'm also a fan of walking around my house singing because I know that it's in the privacy of my own home.

"...persuade me to relinquish my love to you, but I can not resist..." I sing as I lay out the ingredients for my sandwich, lathering on the Mayo over the lettuce and as I begin to lay down the ham, I'm stopped.

"...at all" I freeze.

There standing in the archway of the kitchen is someone I wasn't expecting to see.

Standing tall and smiling in amusement. I'm pretty sure I look like a fish out of water but, I'm too stunned to care.

.。*♡✧*。