Chapter 15|Creeped

After Henry had gotten back to work, Mere and I decided to sit and actually eat. Beck and Eleanor went back to their date and let me tell you right now that it is disgusting.

I've never been so creeped out in my life.

As they laugh and hold hands, skating around the rink, Mere mumbles something as she fixes her hair, taking off her hoodie.

"What?" I ask as I switch my attention to her.

"See that guy over there? He's clearly matching my energy and I'll be damned if I don't talk to him" she says as she subtly mods towards a guy standing at the snack bar, smiling our way.

Or well, her way.

Dark curly hair, nice smile.

Definitely her type.

"Sooo, you're just gonna leave me here in the line of fire where the devils are dancing?" I narrow my eyes at her as she stands up and rolls her eyes.

She smiles and says, "you'll be fine, El, I'll be a few minutes, tops"

I let out an exasperated sigh as she sends an air kiss and walks away, seductively, might I add. I chuckle at her antics and turn back toward my food.

I hear Beck and Eleanor laugh again and I look up to see that Eleanor is having trouble staying up. Funny, she's the best skater I know. Roller blader?

I don't know but, she's good. So, that only means her approach is to act like she's clumsy so, not-so-prince-charming can rescue her.

Maybe even get some skin contact.

Interesting.

Eleanor, you sly little princess.

-

"Hey, El!" Eleanor says as she and Beck walk out of the rink and towards where I'm seated.

Eleanor takes the seat next to where Meredith's bag is, which, only leaves the seat next to me for Beck.

Great.

"How was it out there?" I ask as I fumble with my cup and slightly move over and away from Beck.

He notices and must think I did it to give him space because he follows my movements and smiles with a tight lip.

Eleanor smiles widely as she begins to dish about how much fun she's having and how sweet and funny, Beckinsale Carter is.

I internally cry in agony as she babbles on and on.

So, I opt for the smile and wave tactic.

"Although being the clutz that I am, I, of course didn't let that get in the way of ripping that floor up" she laughs and reaches her hand to brush against Beck's.

I raise a brow and reply, "hmm, you sure did rip that floor up when you slipped so suddenly, Leanor" I hide my smile as I take a sip of my drink.

She rolls her eyes playfully and let's go of his hand, "well, I'm sorry not all of us are pro's like Miss Dearly" she chuckles softly making Beck join in.

"So, where's Mere stumbled off to?"

With eyes wide, I turn to her direction where she's standing against the dude with curly hair as she places a hand to his chest and they laugh, obnoxiously loud. Beck and Eleanor, oo and ah as they face their sights back to our group.

They look to one another and smirk slyly, "what?" I question, carefully as they eye me very suspiciously.

"Soo, El..." Beck starts.

"Where's your prince charming off to?" Eleanor says as she nods towards the doors.

I see Henry walking towards the doors as he pushes them open and walks out.

As I stare at the now closed doors, Beck nudges my shoulder and I turn to him, surprised for some reason.

"You're not going to go after him, Laine?" he says with a slight smile.

I look toward Eleanor who looks back at me with encouragement and back to Beck, "I don't know if I should -"

"You should, Laine" Beck cuts me off and places his hands on the table.

I stand after looking at him, waiting for a sign of, I don't even know what. I make my way towards the doors and just as I open them I see something that makes all my feelings of doubt float away.

"Hey there, I was wondering when you'd follow me out" Henry chuckles as he learns against what I assume is his car.

"You were waiting for me?" I ask as I step to the railing of the entrance.

He smiles, looking down as he replies, "I mean, I knew you'd see me and declare that you do in fact need to go after me"

"Oh, you were that confident?"

He steps closer and looks up to me, he takes my hand, leading me down the steps and says, "extremely, not"

We laugh as we stand beside his car.

"It's really warm out tonight" I say as I roll up my sleeves, trying to make small talk as I'm nervous.

He eyes my outfit and tilts his head to the side, "you can take the hoodie off, I mean, it is getting kinda hot out"

I mock him as he smiles in amusement and I lift the hoodie off.

There's a moment of silence, although it's the comfortable kind. He's looking towards the sky so, I follow suit.

"You can't exactly see the stars under all the city lights" I notice as I see nothing but, darkness.

Henry mods as he looks down to me, "that's why I love going to the beach or out camping, all you can see is the stars, maybe even planets sometimes" he smiles.

I return the smile and fold the hoodie to my chest, I contemplate whether I should ask or wait for him to ask me.

I breathe deep as I smile, "maybe, if you wanted to, we could hang out by the beach sometime? Maybe like a bonfire or something"

He takes a moment to think about his answer and chuckles, "are you asking me out, Elaine Dearly?"

I stutter an incoherent response and he laughs, "it's okay, I'm glad you are"

"You are?"

He nods and says, "yes, I am and I'd be honoured to go out, sometime, maybe like a bonfire or something" he smirks in amusement and I punch his shoulder lightly.

"Meanie beanie"

He laughs and I realise that's my new favourite sound.

.。*♡✧*。