Chapter 11|Deb

Waking up to my best friends jumping around and singing is not the way I wanted to wake up. I also have no idea how Mere isn't dying of hangover right now although, I'm not exactly surprised, she's always been like that.

"What are you guys doing?" I ask groggily sitting up on my elbows.

"Dancing"

"What does it look like?"

I pause for a second at their blatant sarcasm, "oh, you were dancing? That's what that was?"

They give me a look before a pillow is thrown my way and I'm knocked back.

"Ha ha, funny, you bully" Eleanor laughs as she learns against Mere.

I yawn and sit back up reaching for my hair tie as I put my hair into a bun. I see Mere mumble something to Eleanor as they both take a step towards the bed.

I furrow my brows wondering what they could be up to.

Without warning they jump onto the bed laughing and shouting. Luckily, my mother left this morning for work and I'm pretty sure my brother slept over Beck's.

I yelp as I'm attacked, pillow after pillow. I'm hit in the boob as I gasp and reach for my Winona Ryder cushion.

Yes. I have a cushion with Winona Ryder's face. Sue me.

I hold the pillow above my head as I swing, catching them off guard. I aim for Eleanor, she fumbles as she bumps into Mere, taking them both down in the pile of pillows and blankets.

"Ela, that was low" Mere laughs as she wipes her hair from her face.

"Well, shouldn't have woken me up at..." I turn to my side table reaching for my clock to check the ungodly hour these buffoons chose to wake me up at, "8am? Are you both insane? It's Saturday"

The shrug it off as they begin to clean up. I fall back with a loud groan and cover my face with a pillow.

In a split second the covers are ripped from me and I'm grabbed by the ankles. I sit up swiftly, "don't you dare, I'm up, gosh damn it"

Eleanor rolls her eyes at me slightly pulling at my ankles again, "we're going shopping"

"Oh? Good for you, I'll see you later"

"You're coming with, Elaine"

-

The shopping scene in Laguna Beach is meh, I say that because I just hate shopping all together.

But, if you subtly bribe me with food and the beach, I'll live another day.

Food.

My love.

The beach is also a love of mine.

"So, how'd you end up against the oaf, that is, Beck?" I ask as we walk along path after getting our drinks.

Mere rolls her eyes but, nudges Eleanor a little making her smile.

I'd smile too if it weren't for the fact that Beck is an ass.

"I don't know, honestly, all I remember is that after you went outside Beck needed to get something from the back porch and he just came back in, pulled me to the wall and yeah..." she says with a clear look of confusion on her pretty face.

"You alright, El?" I question, looking at her as we stop for a moment.

"Huh? Oh no, yes I am okay. I was just thinking about how everything feels rushed, almost" she says softly fiddling with the straw from her smoothie.