Chapter 12|Teach You Some Breath Control

First thing Sunday morning and I'm surprisingly in a good mood.

As I shower and ready myself, I turn my music up all the way, my mother is out for the whole day planning for the debutante ball and I'm pretty certain Eris is out with his friends.

So, I've been given the opportunity for well deserved, me-time.

I brush the knots from my wet hair, sometimes it sucks because I have thick, curly hair. It's a struggle most days.

Gimme your love,
Gimme your love,
Gimme your love,
Gimme your love...

Once again, Mariah Carey blasts through the entirety of the house as her voice echoes, bouncing from wall to wall.

Going through my closet trying to find something to wear. I'm not picky but, I do like to be comfortable so, I guess I'll settle for the classic and trusty sweatpants I got from a concert I went to last year and some old t-shirt with a picture of Winona Ryder and Angelina Jolie in 'Girl Interrupted'.

I make my way downstairs to make my breakfast and of course, my favourite part of the song is finally at its peak.

"It's a shame to be, so euphoric and weak..." I make it halfway down the stairs almost tripping over my own feet, "when you smile at me and you tell me the things..."

Approaching the hallway before the kitchen I take hold of the broom leaning against the wall and use it as a makeshift microphone as I continue into the kitchen.

"... relinquish my love to you but, I cannot resist..." I close my eyes as I stop just under the arch of the doorway as I attempt to belt out the high note, "...at all"

As I end the note I'm suddenly mortified as I open my eyes to see my brother and his friends sitting around the kitchen laughing their asses off.

"Oh my gosh" I mumble as I'm frozen to the spot where I've met my demise.

The things you want me to
The way I used to do

Mariah continues to play on as I try to drown out their laughter but, to no avail, it doesn't work.

At that moment I spot Beck by the sink trying to hiding, what is clearly, a laugh.

"You assholes"

Eris pauses before bursting out again, this time he topples over clutching his stomach, "oh, El El El... You should have seen yourself" he says as he tries to mimic what I think is me singing with the broom.

"Send me some front row tickets to your opening night, Els" Marco, one of my brother's friends, says dripping with sarcasm.

I roll my eyes and push through them making my way to the fridge getting out all the ingredients I need. I hear a slap followed by a complain and Eris saying something about, "my sister, dude" or something like that.

"You're all assholes" they gasp and I see Beck out of the corner of my eyes as he places a hand to his chest.

"You hurt my feelings, Laine, I thought that performance was show-stopping"

They all take a breath before laughing again and I drop the egg flip onto the counter and turn to walk away as I roll my eyes once again.

Before I can turn, Beck takes hold of my shoulders turning me back to my food that's cooking on the stove.

"Don't leave your food unattended, Laine" he mumbles as he places a plate next to me and hands me the salt and pepper.

I take it and I feel shivers up my arms as my hand makes contact with his. Brushing it off, I thank him and continue cooking.

Once I'm done, I take everything I need and make my way to the table.

"Alright boys, that's enough entertainment for the day, we should go play some ball" Eris says as he jumps down from the stool, "laters El"

"Bye"

They head out one by one, the last being Beck and I can see him walking at a slow paced distance from the rest of them as they close the door behind them.

Beck stops by me before saying, "I thought that you were actually pretty amazing, even if you screeched at the last note" he smirks.

I spit out my food and look up to him, "I so did not"

He smiles making me laugh, "you did, Laine but, that's okay. Maybe I can teach you some breath control"

I choke and slap away his hand as he reaches for a pancake, "get outta here you oaf"

He laughs as he walks out.

Boys.

-

Sunday nights are usually my self care nights, skin, hair and so on.

As I sit on the floor in front of my mirror trying to choose a damn face mask, I'm overcome with heavy emotions.

I think about what Beck had said to me this morning before he went out with the boys.

Around 3pm they had come back for lunch and they decided to watch Big Brother with me.

I'm obsessed with Love Island UK and Big Brother Aus. It's become an unhealthy obsession.

Don't judge me.

Anyway, my mind gets clouded and I think about all the times Beck has said something flirty or something to me when no-one is around. He'll make comments or get close.

It makes me feel nervous or something, I'm not really sure of the feeling.

I know that it's dumb because my best friend has been in love with him forever.

I'm not that person.

Although, I think that, maybe, it's just some natural reaction between sexes.

I guess.

Ugh.

All I know is that I, Elaine Malia Dearly, do not have a crush on Beckinsale Carter.

No, never in a million years.

That's just it though. When I say that to myself in the mirror, even I'm not convinced.

I feel that I'm in big trouble.

.。*♡✧*。