Chapter 25|cUtE

"It's been a few days since a major bombshell had dropped in and the isla-"

Yeah. Same here, Love Island host. Same here.

As they said; it's been a few days since a major bombshell had dropped in on my family and suffice to say, it's been rather murky.

My mother has been putting herself into her work, non stop, day and night. Eris has been staying over Beck's house for obvious reasons, he is still obviously in shock and/or frustration. I too am still in a state of blubber.

As for Zander, he's been trying to appear in utmost discretion. He has been walking on eggshells around us. I don't blame him.

He has known about us for years, Eris and I had thought our father was dead and my mother has carried the weight of others secrets since before we were even born.

I think she tried to convince herself that our father was dead so that it'd be easier to at least try to move on and then what do you know; he appears seventeen years later on our doorstep.

Complicated.

Like that one Avril Lavigne song.

I like that song.

Anyway, as for me, I have been drowning myself in school, food and cringe worthy reality tv shows.

The only thing in my life right now that's absolutely amazing is that my relationship with Henry is perfectly clear. No bumps and no bruises.

Just last week I had had another date with one, Henry Forrester and it was dreamy.

Like those old school kind of dates where the guy picks you up- although awkwardly meeting my parents- opens every door for you, leads you into a diner where he picks a song that reminds him of your smile and your eyes and your character.

For some reason, the song Henry had chosen out for me on the jukebox was none other than; Ocean Eyes by Billie Eilish.

Of course.

I mean, I love Billie but, of course.

As he turns placing his hands awkwardly into his jean pockets with a cute little smile and a shrug I chuckle.

"You know that this song is so overly used?" I ask rhetorically.

He takes his seat across from me with a cheesy smile, "yeah, I figured, I just thought it reminded of you and how I, you know, how I feel"

"Thank you" I say as I reach my hand across the table to take his, "you're amazing and I love-"

Okay so, this is where I choked. I do not know why. Please do not ask or come at me. I know that Henry is a sweetheart and hot and kind and so, so amazing at kissing but, I don't know what made me stop.

"This place, I really love it, how'd you find it?"

He chuckles as purses his lips and sits up straight, "it's uh, actually it just so happens to belong to my family"

What.

"Wait what?" my eyes widen as I stare in shock, "I- how the, so, that was your mom who just took our order?"

He nods with a slight smile, "mhm mhm, indeed"

I lean back and blow out a heavy breath, "wow, that's so cool" I mumble under my breath as a woman with dark brunette hair in slightly frizzy waves and the prettiest smile walks towards our table.

Henry's mom.

"Why thank you, Elaine"

"You know my name?"

She nods with a cheeky smile and I realise just how much Henry looks like her, "well, of course, Henry only talks on and on about you 24/7, it's sweet"

I peer at Henry as his entire face shines with a stained cherry red blush which in turn makes his mother and I chuckle at how adorable he is.

"Mom, I highly think you're over exaggerating, please" he please as tries to hide his face.

"It's okay, Henry, I talk about you a lot too"

He returns my smile and as soon as his eyes meet my own I'm gone, I am now the one blushing like as red as a tomato.

"Alright well, I better get back to work, gotta lotta oldies coming through" his mom says as she does this little shimmy, backing away with a broad smile.

Henry cringes with a chuckle, "never say 'coming through' again, mom!"

I laugh at their antics as it feels kinda refreshing for me, that being Eris nor my mother have spoken to me much.

I don't care for any kind of wannabe father interaction. Ever, I think. I don't know.

Zander has been catching rides to and from school with me but, other than that he's still cautious.

I feel the light touch of a hand on my own as I look up, "hey, you okay? You've got this sullen look on your face"

"Oh yeah, I'm alright" I take a breath with a small tug of the lips, "it's just nice to see how you are with your mother, I love it "

We chuckle as she returns to place our loaded fries and milkshakes down.

I watch as he pulls his shake towards him and take a large gulp of it, "ahhh, that's so good, wanna try?"

"I- okay so, I can tolerate a lot of things, Henry Forrester but, strawberry flavoured milk? No, oh no no no" I cringe as he drinks again, this time attempting to kick his milk moustache, "there's also a straw for convenience, little piggy"

I laugh as pokes his tongue out.

"Strawberry milk is elite and if I cannot successfully convince you of that then I do not know what we're gonna do, Elaine Dearly" he says with a playful sigh as he places his hands on the table.

"Oh yeah?" I ask with the raise of an eyebrow.

He nods his head slowly, keeping eye contact.

"Henry! Man, what's up?"

Oh god. No.

"Why?" I mumble under my breath as I try to avoid any interaction with the devil that is named; Beckinsale Carter.

Henry gives me a weak smile before he stands to greet Beck, "Beck, hey" he says as they do that weird bro shake, "Eleanor, you look lovely"

Eleanor?

Eleanor!

"Hey there Ela!" she says as tries to capture my attention.

I turn towards her with a leap as I burry her into a hug, "Eleanor, thank god you're here too, what are you doing here?"

She laughs as she observes me, "oh well, Beck and I decided to just have some lunch here before we head to the Deb meeting, you?"

"Oh right, that"

"You forgot"

"I- no, yes I did forget but, Henry decided to surprise me with a cute little diner date" I say as I gesture to the table full of food.

"So, are you not going or..."

This time it's Beck asking questions and while I am curious as to why he cares, I answer anyway, "uh yeah, I guess I could stop by, after all, I kinda promised my mom that I'd be participating next year "

Beck snorts as he turns his head to the side and Eleanor slaps his chest telling him to hush.

"What's so funny?"

"Oh just the thought of you, Elaine Dearly, involving herself in a debutante ball" he smirks as I roll my eyes, "cute"

"cUtE" I mock him as he continues to chuckle and smirk as wide as the devil himself.

"Why don't you both join us?" Henry suggests as Eleanor smiles and accepts for the both of them.

"Sure, it'd be a pleasure" Beck says rather sarcastically as he sits down after me.

Hmph.

.。*♡✧*。