Chapter 20|Pineapple On Pizza

During lunches, I've been sitting out by the quad, at a table under the tree, alone.

Not really.

I've spoken to Eleanor here and there. Meredith is still being distant. I don't even know what I did to her that was so wrong. She basically accused me of having a thing with Beckinsale Carter. The guy who is supposedly dating our best friend.

Poor Eleanor, she's been in the middle of us for the past few weeks and everytime I look at her, I can tell that it's kind of taking a toll on her.

I don't know how Meredith is, to be honest, I don't feel bothered to care.

As for me, I feel like I'm in a state of numbness. I've been trying to figure out what to do with my spare time. I've always been up to date with my school work and home life but, the the hours I'd have to spend with my friends are now empty and dull.

"Hey girly" George greets me with a small smile as she and her friends sit around the table with me.

"Hi hi, what's good?" I say before stuffing my mouth with last night's Hawaiian pizza from Surfer Boy's.

Yes, a pizza with pineapple on it. whoop de doo.

"Gross"

"What even-"

Iris Mackenzie rolls her eyes as she takes the seat across from me and says, "ignore them, they happen to be in the percentage of people in this world that do not appreciate a good pizza with pineapple on it"

"You like it too?" I ask as she nods taking a bite from her fruit roll up.

"It isn't my all time favourite, my all time favourite has got to be a classic Margherita pizza"

"You're lactose intolerant" George remarks as Iris goes on about her love for cheese.

"Well, yeah but, I love cheese, Hawaiian is definitely in my top 3, no wait" she tilts her head to the side as she thinks, "top 5, definitely"

As I continue on eating my lunch, I feel a hand on my shoulder and turn to see who it may be but, the sun is blocking my view. That is until the culprit takes a seat right next to me and leans in for a kiss on the cheek.

"Henry"

"Elaine, I must ask" he pauses as he observes my plate, "how is it that you didn't think to ask if I would like some of this delicious looking pineapple pizza"

Iris chuckles as the others groan in disgust and so, I pick up the slice and move it toward Henry's lips. He parts them just enough so, he can take a bit but, before he can I swiftly move it back to me. Taking a bite, I smile at him as he laughs.

"Wow well, thank god you did that because I actually hate pineapple on pizza" he shares as his friends laugh along.

I gasp as I pick off a piece of pineapple and lightly throw it at his chest, "well, thank god, indeed that just means more for me"

George and Brinley face one another as they laugh, "Indeed"

I playfully roll my eyes as I say, "yeah yeah, mock me all you want but, just remember whose aunt lives right next door to one, Britney S Pears in Los Angeles"

"You're no fun, Elaine, for real" Brinley says as he shoves a whole double stuffed Oreo into his mouth making me cringe.

"You're gross"

"At least, I don't eat Pineapple on Pizza"

Okay. Pineapple on pizza is good. End of.

-

To be honest, I went through a stage where I was absolutely drowned into the Glee cult. Well, it wasn't a cult. That would be bad?

I guess it was like a fandom. I also guess it relates to my current predicament because there's this scene like every other teen show or movie where there's a classic old food fight.

Anywho, that's not important. What's important is that Brinley Dayton is an asshole, more so than Beck. I can't believe I've lived to the day where I've met someone more toxic than Beck.

Wait, would I say Beck is toxic? I don't know. For all I know, I'm toxic.

But, what have I done so bad?

Who knows.

"Brinley Dayton, has anyone ever told you that you are more of an ass than Beckinsale Carter?" I say as I'm hit in the face with three day old, chocolate yoghurt from Iris's backpack.

"Oh really? You're comparing me to your little jock head boyfriend? I was wondering when you'd bring him up in conversation" he shouts back as I toss another piece of salami covered in garlic and tomato paste.

You're probably wondering why this is happening and how it happened.

Well, it all started when we were all heading over to George's house for a study party. Not as fun as an actual party but, still a party.

I decided to use the bathroom after a few minutes of studying in the basement which of course is the Sawyer's arcade room. As I was walking back I had accidentally overheard a conversation between Brinley and Henry while the girls were on looking, I suppose.

"All I'm saying is that she's always around him and I've seen the way they act around one another, I'm just trying to look out for you, H" says Brinley as discreetly as possible.

"Yes well, I appreciate it but, like I said to you, this is my relationship, my decision, let me make mistakes and have fun" Henry says as he places a hand on his friends shoulder, "If I wanted advice or a disappointed speech, I'd ask my parents"

Before the conversation could continue, I had made my entrance.

With a quiet, hey, I had stood next to where Henry was seated receiving replies from Iris and George but, Brinley had opted for a more...

Aggressive reply, "oh hey, basic two timing bimbo"he says with the roll of his eyes as he checks his nails.

One gasp led to another and here we are. He had tossed his ice filled soda at me as he attempted to leave but, I reacted. Pretty stupid and embarrassing if you ask me.

Henry's ice cream sandwich had flown from one side of the room to the other as Brinley had not so elegantly slipped.

This is how I ended up with expired, smelly yoghurt covering my mop hair.

With Henry wiping away at my face.

In the bathroom. Alone.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be a nuance plus, he's your friend and I should know better, for real" I plead as he takes hold of my chin, wiping my cheek.

He pause for a moment as he closes the door and walks back to the spot between my legs as I'm perched in the sink.

"It's okay, Brinley is Brinley, no-one can control him and he's very..." he tilts his head to the side as he thinks of any word to describe his best friend, "out spoken, too confident in his thoughts, I guess if that makes any sense at all"

He chuckles as I try not to lick my lips, "what did he mean when he called me two timing?"

"He just seems to think you have this weird thing with Beck, I told him no because I obviously don't think so but, he's pretty adamant" Henry says in an almost hushed tone as he clears the rest of the yoghurt from my face.

"It's not true, you know, Beck and I, we're just neighbours and he's dating my best friend" I announce as I take hold of his wrists, "I like you and only you, I'm confident in that and yes, maybe I've realised that he isn't exactly ugly but, it's only you"

After a moment of silence, I smile awkwardly making his lips turn up slightly with a chuckle, "good because I've been waiting to do something"

He leans in slowly as I realise his actions and abruptly place a hand to his chest, "expired yoghurt face"

He pauses as he laughs, "oh yeah, slimey and gross"

.。*♡✧*。