𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓔𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

| ꜰɪʟʟᴇʀ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ - ʟᴏᴠᴇʀꜱ ɪɴ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ |

»•» ❁ «•«

Lily sat on top of her pillow, the soft furry material bringing her comfort and happiness, yet not helping her mood as she looked at the Giant and Fairy King passed out on the floor. It had been about half an hour til they started the trial and she was bored, to say the least, the adorable pout on her face only showed her irritation even more.

Gloxinia looked at his lover amused, watching her use her magic to make a beetle that skittered around her arm and hand, trying to make her forget about her boredom. While Lily could be the most patient person in the world when it came to people there were times when there was nothing to amuse herself with, leaving her lethargic, her greatest enemy she would joke.

"Lily, I know you are bored but try and be a little more patient, the trial only just started." Gloxinia reasoned as he placed her in his lap, making her snuggle under his chin as he dipped his face in her hair, smelling the soft gentle flower scent.

Lily suddenly let out a soft confused noise, causing Gloxinia to open his eyes and look at her only to hear a voice. It sounded a bit high-pitched but was more on the male side, yet there was a slight roughness to it. He looked down to see a... fairy? No, it was more like the spirit of a fairy.

Gloxinia watched as Helbrem tried to call out to King and his attempt to wake him up from the trial. Lily also watched the deceased fairy in curiosity. Drole however was unable to see the dead fairy.

"It is useless calling out to them," Gloxinia said as he watched his beloved float closer to Helbram. She smiled at him causing him to blush, the fairy hadn't met Lily before but he had seen her through Harlequin and he had to admit he found her adorable. Gloxinia noticed this and grew a little annoyed, eye twitching in annoyance.

He floated down to Lily and hugged her from behind. Helbram snapped out of his trance he then became confused.

"W-wait how can you both see me?" He asked.

Lily's smile grew bigger as she placed a finger near her temple. "I guess since we are all fairies, it puts us on the same wavelength." She said.

Gloxinia looked at her confused. "Love, you aren't exactly a fairy." He pointed out.

Lily shrugged. "The fairies are derived from the Forest Demi-god species and their magic is from the sacred tree, which is a giant form of forest demi-god magic, so essentially anything a fairy can do I can do as well." She explained.

Helbram looked at her shocked. She then turned to Helbram and gave him a bleak smile. The Gloxnina starts to talk. "Well, I can see that you are an acquaintance of King's, I am sorry but if they don't pass the trial they will sleep forever." He said.

Helbram's eyes widened as he looked at King in concern. Lily decided to try and put some positive energy in the air. "Don't worry," He said. Helbram turned to her. "I know Harlequin, I have for a while. I know Diane and Harlequin are going to pass this trail. I believe in them." She said with a smile, calling King by his true name to try and soothe the dead fairy.

That had made Helbram feel a little better and smiled before turning back to King. Gloxinia then pulled her closer to him and got closer to her ear.

"My love, you should be careful. You are giving the other fairies too much attention and I don't like that. You don't want me to get upset do you?" He asked in a slightly husky voice, rubbing up and down her waist.

Lily turned beet red and shook her head lightly. Gloxinia smirked and softly kissed her cheek. "Good girl."

»•» ❁ «•«

Gloxinia watched as Lily gathered flowers with Helbram and started to place them in Diane's hair, Lily had used her magic and grew a multitude of flowers in the ground, allowing her and Helbrem to pick them and use them for whatever purpose. Gloxinia sighed in contentment as he watched with a dreamy gaze and an adoring smile.

'For some reason, I feel like she has gotten even prettier.' Gloxinia thought to himself.

"Careful Gloxinia or she might notice your staring," Drole suggested, a light smirk on his face.

Gloxinia snapped out of his daze and looked away from Drole with a light blush, clearing his throat. "A-anyway, do you think that they have gotten to the part in their trial yet?" He asked, clearly trying to change the subject.

"That's hard to say, they could be at any given moment right about now,"

Gloxinia sighed and looked at Lily. " I wonder what they will think of us after they find out what we have been through." He thought aloud.

»•» ❁ «•«

The first fairy king stared at Lily's peaceful face as she slept on her pillow, she was curled up like a cat, he brushed the stray hairs off her face and moved closer to her. He held her slightly closer, feeling her heartbeat in her ribcage.

Truth be told, there were many moments when Gloxinia would find Lily sleeping, it was in her nature to find a comfy spot and fall asleep. During the times in the Holy War, he would more often than not find Lily perched atop a tree alongside the leaves and small creatures, sleeping her time away and restoring her magical power.

He sighed and then looked at King's sleeping form and glared slightly. " I wonder if he will let go of his feelings for you," Gloxinia sighed as he looked at Lily, the sleeping blonde beauty was oblivious to the quiet fuming former fairy king.

It was obvious to Gloxinia that King still had feelings for his lover, not that he blamed him, Lily was incredible after all, nevertheless, it did still bug him a bit. However, because he is Lily's comrade and friend he decided to let it go... for now.

He held Lily closer, hugging her to his chest, allowing her to snuggle into his bare pecs and listen to his calm heartbeat, the heart that was hers, now and forever.

"𝒩𝑜𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒾𝓉 𝓂𝒶𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓈. 𝐼 𝓌𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓁𝑒𝓉 𝒽𝒾𝓂 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓌𝒶𝓎 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓂𝑒."

»•» ❁ «•«