𝓔𝓹𝓲𝓵𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓮

| ᴇᴛᴇʀɴɪᴛʏ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ - ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀꜰʟʏ'ꜱ ᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ |

»•» ❁ «•«❁»•» ❁ «•«

𝙂𝙡𝙤𝙭𝙞𝙣𝙞𝙖 𝙨𝙖𝙩 𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙘𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙨 𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙚, the one cherished by both him and his precious butterfly. Always spending their peaceful time there, during the Holy War and before Gloxinia had taken her here to send times under the stars or to simply run away from their duties, here they were just Gloxinia and Lily. Not the Eternal Forest Guardians or the Fairy Kings, just Gloxinia and Lily. The leaves of the tree sheltered him from the sun as he looked out into the meadow and far.

It had been 4 months since the defeat of the Demon King, Lily hadn't returned yet but Gloxinia kept his promise and protected the forest and waited for her. Despite the pit in his stomach at the thought of Lily no longer being alive, he held onto hope that she was still alive. He just had to believe that she was still alive and that... she would come back to him. She always has, she waited for him, trusted him, and was patient with him. Thus he felt he needed to return the trust and patience by waiting for her.

He stared out into the open with nothing in mind as he thought back to the memories with his soulmate. He looked down at the bracelet on his wrist, it was the one Lily gave to him, he always wore it as a reminder that Lily was always his and his alone. It was given to him after 50 years of being together, to humans it seemed like half a lifetime but for fairies, it only felt like 5 years.

He closed his eyes and felt the breeze pass, he had come to the tree every day, in hopes of calming himself but nothing seemed to calm his anxiety. The wallowing pit in his stomach as he looked into the open, staring at absolutely nothing. He let out a sigh and was about to get up when he the soft sounds of garments swaying.

He could hear the flutter of wings in the background as green and blue butterflies surrounded the apple tree. His eyes widened as he turned around and saw a small figure walking in his direction in the distance.