Chapter 20: Meet Ganger Doctor

Ganger Doctor continued to smile at them for a while longer before he gripped his head harshly and screamed in pain. His pale Flesh skin disappeared, going into the normal tone of the Doctor's. Amy backed away, quickly going over to the crew members as they stood at the wall in shock. The Doctor and Wanda remained where they were standing, staring worriedly to the Ganger.

"One day, we will get back," Ganger Doctor moaned in agony, gripping his head even more tightly. "Yes. One day." His body convulsed, letting go of his head to scream again. "Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow!"

"The Flesh is struggling to cope with our past regenerations, hold on," the Doctor said to the Ganger, trying to calm him down. The Ganger gasped loudly, his whole body twitching and shaking. He suddenly rushed forward, pushing past the Doctor and grabbing onto Wanda's arms harshly.

"You fraud! You killer!" he shouted angrily at her. Wanda's eyes went wide with fright, trying to pull herself away from him. He screamed in pain again, leaning his head into her chest. His head suddenly jerked up, staring pleadingly into her eyes. "Wanderer, I need you." He suddenly launched forward and threw his lips onto hers. She squeaked in horror, placing her hands on his chest and tried to push him away. The Doctor ran up and jerked the Ganger back.

"Off!" the Doctor shouted, throwing the Ganger a good distance away from Wanda. The Ganger began to moan and stumble around. Wanda stood frozen to the spot, completely flabbergasted and stunned by the rough kiss.

"Why? Why?" Ganger Doctor moaned out. "Why?!"

"'Why? Why'? What?" the Doctor asked him quickly.

The Ganger jerked facing them again. "Hello, I'm the Doctor." He jerked again, leaning towards them in anguish. "No, let it go! We've moved on!"

The Doctor rushed to him, grabbing onto him to hold him up. "Listen, hold on. Hold on. You can stabilize."

Wanda went up to them. Afraid to really be anywhere near Ganger Doctor, fearing he might run at her again. But knowing he was in pain, she wished to help him see through it. Ganger Doctor continued to moan and mutter words in pain. She walked up and helped the Doctor hold him up.

"Hey, it's okay. It's okay. Just hold on, all right?" she said soothingly, shushing him softly when he began moaning in agony. She did the only thing she could think to do. She reached up and gently stroked the side of his face, hoping calm and relax him. It was what her mother had always done for her whenever she had a nightmare, or had been frightened of something, or had been in pain. It had always helped her in the past, so she hoped it would help him.

It seemed to work. Ganger Doctor leaned into her gentle hand. His moaning decreasing until it stopped all together. He leaned his head into her chest again, breathing evenly out.

"Wanderer. Oh, Wanderer," he breathed out. He jerked back away from her and the Doctor with a gasp. He blinked rapidly, then smiled to them both. "Hello!"

"Doctor! Wanda! We need you. Get over here," Amy called out to them, indicating that they were needed at the door. Ganger Doctor looked at the ginger girl, smiling away.

"Hello," he repeated to her. Amy stared skeptically at the Ganger before looking back to the Doctor and Wanda.

"Doctor," Amy said firmly, wanting him to leave the Ganger and help the real people in need.

"Cybermats," the Doctor muttered, not paying attention to Amy but instead to the Ganger.

"Do we have time for this?" Ganger Doctor asked him in a bemused tone.

"We make time," the Doctor simply stated. "I'd like more proof that you're me. Cybermats." Amy huffed, annoyed at two of them, and walked off back to the door where the crew members were busy building a larger barricade.