Chapter 35: Bad Wolf

The moment Wanda had been transmitted away from Satellite Five by the Anne Droid, the Daleks had been ready to kill her. They had surrounded her, screaming to exterminate. Then, they all ceased their actions when the Emperor ordered for her to remain alive. Why exactly? Wanda was not sure and she did not question it. They pushed her into a corner where she stayed still and quiet, waiting for the Doctor, hopeful that she would see him again.

Surprisingly being surrounded by thousands of Daleks, Wanda felt no fear of them. It was the no fear of dying coursing through her once more. Her own death was really not a bother whatsoever. She wondered if that were normal for other people as well. She wondered if the Doctor also had fear of his own death. What fear she did feel though, was over what were to happen to the Doctor, Jack, and Rose next. Even greatly worrying on the other people of Satellite Five and Earth. She passed through one possibility all right. But what of the others? She felt anxious even thinking of it, going back into her habit of pinching her thumb. She really needed to work on breaking that.

The Controller eventually came through, forcefully transmitted into the Dalek ship. Before Wanda could even speak or move to act, they killed the Controller. Wanda watched sorrowfully as they moved her body away. The poor girl. She had never been able to live any sort of real life. Wanda only hoped the girl could rest in peace now. No longer tortured by the Daleks.

Then, came the transmission from the Doctor. Wanda was forced to stand as the Daleks and the Doctor talked. When he ended the conversation, Wanda hoped by smiling and letting him see that she had faith in him might bring some ease to his mind. She waited nervously, hoping that the shield Jack would place around the TARDIS would pull through as it had in the show.

"You know the Doctor. You understand him. You will predict his actions," ordered one Dalek. It turned and pointed its weapon at her. She stared evenly back to it, keeping her face clear of emotions.

"Spoilers," she answered calmly. It started to advance towards her angrily.

"Predict! Predict! Predict!" it shouted in command. She remained firm.

"Spoilers," Wanda repeated.

The Dalek was interrupted when the others announced the detection of the TARDIS. She was in flight, hurtling straight for them. They launched missiles, trying to destroy her before the old girl could reach them. Wanda waited calmly, but kept her fingers crossed just in case.

She smiled brightly when she heard the most beautiful sound in the universe. The TARDIS slowly materialized around her, bringing her straight into the ship along with the Dalek who had been questioning her. She could see the Doctor, Jack, and Rose standing by the console as they slowly came into view. Jack stood with a rather large gun in hand, prepping it for action. Wanda ducked even before the Doctor shouted for her to do so. Jack aimed the gun and destroyed the Dalek just as it shot off its weapon, luckily missing everyone on board.

She bounced up, smiling to them. Rose rushed at her first, giving the Time Lady a tight hug.

"Feel like I haven't seen you in years," the girl said. Wanda smiled, patting the girl's back affectionately.

"Same here," she replied. They let go of each other, beaming away that things had worked out all right.

"You know, you could have just let me take the hit," Rose laughed some. "It wasn't going to kill me. You knew that. What, did you just not want me being scared or something?" She meant to joke around some, but at the expression on Wanda's face, her smiled dropped. "It . . . it wasn't going to kill me, right?"

"The transmat wouldn't. But the Daleks would have," Wanda said quietly. Rose's eyes went wide, realizing that Wanda had truly saved her. Wanda hugged her again in reassurance. "We're both okay, just keeping thinking of that."