9. Getting a bit late

"Jamie! Take a seat"
I stood in the door as Andrew beckoned me in. He stood facing the kitchen counter, plating up spaghetti.

Dinner was already done, I missed the pasta and everything. I frowned.

It was a little annoying he didn't wait for me, I wanted to help. I tried not to let it bother me and walked over to the table, but I was stopped in my tracks when I noticed Tom. He was sitting at the table talking with Andrew and drinking water, and he was sitting in my chair.

Now this was another thing I shouldn't be getting angry over but I couldn't help getting more annoyed. I always sit there, I didn't want to sit anywhere else.

I stood in the middle of the floor with embarrassingly enough a pout on my face as I stared down Tom in my chair. He didn't even look at me and my intimidating glare.

Before I could say anything, Andrew intervened.
"Tom I'm afraid you're gonna have to move, thats Jamies seat."

Tom turned and finally spotted me. I crossed my arms and looked down, pretending like it didn't bother me.
"Sorry Jamie, I'll get out of your way"
He moved a few seats over and I hopped up onto my chair, smiling to myself for a second.
I then tried not to blush after realising that Andrew has probably seen me standing there pouting.

"Alright who's hungry?"
I certainly got hungrier when Andrew placed two plates of spaghetti and meatballs down in front of me and Tom. It looked delicious. I grabbed my fork and started to dig in.

It tasted amazing, I mean I didn't have much to compare it to, but knowing I helped make it made it taste just that much better, especially the meatballs. Plus the slurping sound the spaghetti made was really fun when I sucked it up. But it was way faster to just shovel it in so I opted for that

"You want some milk Jamie?"
I nodded while still devouring my pasta. I didn't want to really have much conversation at the table, I just wanted to eat my pasta. Sadly the giants sitting on either side of me were chatty.

"So Andy was showing you the ropes huh?"
Tom asked me and I stopped packing food into my mouth. I bit off the spaghetti hang out of my mouth and swallowed. I responded
"What?"
"The cooking, Andrew said you did it together"

"Yeah.. he showed me how to smell for garlic"
Tom laughed and looked to Andrew.
"Hope you're talking about fake garlic"
Andrew chuckled as he poured out some milk for me.
"What you think I'd put us at risk for culinary integrity, never"
He must've noticed the confused look on my face.

"We've got horrible garlic allergy that runs in the family-"
I interupted him
"So it's not real garlic?"
"No, it's a garlic substitute, fake garlic. Tastes just like the real thing, or well what I imagine the real thing'd taste like"
"You didn't say that earlier"
"I'm sorry jamie, suppose I just forgot"
(Author trembles in hopes the readers will be appeased)

Before I continued to scarf down my food I drank down half my milk, just about managing not to tip it all down my hoodie.

As I put my glass back down I noticed Andrew smiling at me. I fidgeted and pretending not to have noticed or cared. He had put down another plate and took his seat, contently eating away.

Tom groaned as he ate a meatball
"This is great!"
"The meatballs were entirely Jamie so you can thank them"
Tom looked at me
"Well thank you Jamie, these are the best meatballs I've ever had"
I just sort of nodded at him, still feeling quite weird around him.

"I really needed a home cooked meal today"
Tom said, Andrew snarkily added.
"Did you run out of microwave meals?"
"Shaddap I've got plenty of them at home"
Andrew casually continued
"Jeez you preach to me about my unbalanced diet yet you subsist off of gross microwave mush."