26. Mine

Andi opened the front door and I sprinted into the house, through to the sitting room. I took a running jump and launched myself onto the couch, giggling wildly.

"Shoes bambi!"
Andi called from the hallway. I kicked off my shoes and sent them flying to opposite ends of the room. I sat up and started bouncing excitedly. At the park I came up with the brilliant idea to watch an episode of Bluey and act it out with my new house and figures.

"Andi hurry I need puppies!"
"I know you do bambi, just hold on"
Andi said with a laugh as he walked into the room, first picking up my discarded shoes. I slid down onto the ground and pulled open the heelers house that had proudly taken residence on the coffee table since our shopping trip.

Andi sat down on the couch. He picked up the remote and was about to switch on the tv, when the doorbell went off. He hummed and put the remote back down. I whined in protest.

"Just a second Jambam"
Andi quickly stood and left the sitting room to get the door. I frowned and got up off the ground to follow him, peeking my head around the door to see what was going on.

Andi opened the door to a man with a clipboard and box under his arm. He greeted Andi warmly
"Hey Andrew, two packages for you-"
I could see a second man at the end of the driveway carrying over a very large box.

"This one's addressed to a 'Jamie' though, got any new neighbours called Jamie or?-"
"Actually that'd be for this house too"
Andi said rather proudly while the mailman raised his eyebrow. He handed Andi the smaller package and Andi turned around, chuckling when he saw me peeking in. The mailman also saw and smiled.
"Oh hey there kiddo"

I blushed and sheepishly stepped out into the hallway
"This is Jamie, the new household member that you apparently should already be expecting mail for"
Andi joked and walked towards me.
"Hold onto this jam"
I took the package and shook it, wondering what it could be.

Andi then helped bring in the large flat box and lean it up against the hall wall. Andi signed the clipboard and the mailmen left, smiling and waving to me as he did. It made me blush again, I hated blushing.

As Andi shut the door I asked
"Do you know him?"
Andi shrugged
"He's Martin the mailman, when you have the same man bringing your mail as long as I have, you get friendly"

He then clapped and rubbed his hands together
"Now what's in the box jambam? Come on let's have a look"
At the first sense I could rip something open I went ham on the box. Tearing up the tape was especially fun

Eventually another wrapped item fell from the box as well a note. I picked it up and held it to my face, but was disappointed to find it unreadable. The writing was pretty big, but it was all sqiggly and joint up.

And so, I sighed, held it up to Andi and simply said
"Read...please"
Andi smiled as he took the note, not making any sort of deal over my shame.
"Just cause you said please bambi, good job. Oh it's from my mom!"
I grew a bit anxious as I attacked the newest layer of wrapping, considering how my last interaction with this woman went I should probably have expected some sort of deadly trap or item of revenge in the box. I was quite mean to her before.

Andi read off the note
"Dear Jamie, I saw this new pattern in a magazine and thought of you. I think I picked the colours well but I'll be happy to alter it if you have an any more critiques-"
Andi held back a laugh and gave me a knowing look. My face heated up and I gave him a push to make him stop, which only made Andi laugh again. I puffed out my cheeks and asked.
"Is that it?"

"Nono, sorry bambi-"
Andi continued
"Hope your settling in well and that your Andi eventually brings you around to meet everyone. We're all so excited to meet you
Lots of love, Alice (Nana)"
The note had been sweet but I was scared by prospect of 'everyone' and especially the signed 'nana'.