31. The Park Predicament

I clutched my knees up to my chest and squeezed myself into a ball in the corner. My eyes darted to every possible entrance watching out for my pursuer.
I tried to make my breathing as quiet as I possibly could. I couldn't hear anything nearby so I assumed I was safe. Until a shadow appeared behind me.

"Found you"
I yelped, turning quickly and falling onto my back in surprise at Ben smiling at me. Through a clear plastic dome I hadn't realised was right behind me.

"Hi Jamie"
He waved cheerily. I huffed and kicked at his face in the window. He laughed as I scrambled over to an ajourning bridge to escape.

Despite what my dramatics would have you think, we were playing hide and seek(well hide and seek chasing). Ben had some free time this morning and sent Andi a text to see if we could hang out. So a park date was set.

I was obviously thrilled, got dressed up in my orange monster hoodie and was ready to run out the door in seconds. But Andi stopped me and insisted I change out of the rest of my pyjamas as well. I managed to barter with him out of another diaper, but I lost the pull-up battle.

So after an eternity more waiting for Andi to finish getting ready, definitely not just cause we weren't meeting for a couple of hours, we finally left the house and met Ben at the park.

We were originally just walking through to get food, but we ended up going past the playground. We really should have predicated it, I felt fuzzy as soon as I saw the damn thing. One thing led to another and soon enough, following 15 minutes of Ben and Andi convincing me it wasn't babyish in the slightest, we were playing some of the most intense hide and seek chasing I'd ever known.

I crawled hastily through the large tubing, eventually reaching the slide. I threw myself down it to escape from Ben but once at the bottom I was picked up by someone else.

I squirmed, whining and complaining to my second chaser.
"Andi that's not fair! We said no camping at the slide!"
Andi laughed and spun me around before popping me back on the ground.

"That wasnt camping jam, you're just annoyed that we finally won"
He teased as he messed up my hair and brushed sand off me. I was about to deny that but Ben ran up behind us and placated me.
"Yeah jam you're a natural at this, let me and Andi have a win just once"

I whined a little but relented
"Fine... dont wanna play this anymore"
Andi chuckled
"Oh yeah? And that's not because we won?"
I huffed and kicked at the sand.
"Yeah, wanna do..... Pyramid! Ben Ben come on!"

I grabbed Ben's arm and dragged him over to the red rope pyramid. He was laughing as I got straight to scaling the structure.
"Good goddess James, it's hard keeping up with you. Andis got his work cut out for him"
Ben started slowly following me up, I tried to get up to the top like I usually do but my legs felt more wobbly and the ground alot further away. I pretended I wasn't shaken by this and perched myself on the first platform up instead of going the whole way.

Andi walked over and stood at the base, calling up to me.
"Maybe we should invest in a massive hamster wheel, might take the load off poor ole me"
I stuck my tongue out at him and Andi returned the favour.

I noticed Ben had stopped only 2 rungs off the ground and tried to urge him on.
"Ben go higher!"
"Not a chance, I'm not risking myself like that. You're built for this kinda thing. I'm not"

I whined again, it didn't seem worth trying to get up to the top if Ben wasn't going to do it either. It made the ropes very boring very quickly.

With the red pyramid conquered as much as my brain could take for the day, I decided I was done. And my baby brain demanded a fun exit from it. So I called for my go to fun thing.
"Andi!"