17. Doctors

In all of my time alone id worked off of my survival instincts, finding the most efficient way to come out on top.

And usually that meant tough face, taking what I needed when I needed it and never letting my guard down.

But even as we pulled up to the doctor's, the last shreds of my tough human front having crumbled away. Even though I knew i was in a car with a vampire, a being that could rip me in half if he so wanted... something told me I would be ok.

That to survive right now I needed to rely on that vampire sitting next to me. Maybe it was cause of how he held me, with such gentle care or how he never stopped sounding genuine while reasurring me that it was going to be ok.

Or maybe it was cause it's Andi.

My mind had just pushed the whole... vampire thing to the back burner, and while I knew, right now all I could see was Andi.

It was still added on to the list of things that would soon become a problem.
But we had our priorities straight, and that priority was fixing me.

The car door was opened and Andi bent down to me. He was attempting to stay calm and collected but I could hear anxiety in his tone.
"How're we doing now?"

I tried to steady my heavy breaths as I hugged June in close, my new appendages were not holding back on the discomfort and I was trying my best not to start sobbing again.
"Hur's"
I whined, they didn't specifically hurt anymore I just couldn't think of another way to describe it. It felt like all my senses were turned up to a thousand, and I definitely didn't want them touched anymore, being tucked up in the hoodie was enough.

It reminded me of how I felt in Ben's and that just made me want to cry more.

"Let's just get inside come on Bambi. It's all gonna be ok"

He unbuckled me and held out his arms, allowing me to move forward into his hold. He lifted me up. I wasn't in any state to walk and I knew that so I didn't protest.

Andi rather awkwardly took the extra care to make sure he wasn't touching my tail as I was held close to his chest
I didn't blame him him for being unsure, i wasn't very helpful. Choking back a sob while buring to death in shame looking like a 4 year old with my shaking arms around Andis neck.

But I, in a survival choice, shoved down my pride in favour of comfort and laid my head down on Andi's shoulder.

He whispered for me to keep my head low as we walked in, I moved it straight to his neck, to hide from the impending receptionist interaction.

I didn't listen to her but she sounded far too chipper for this time at night. We were told to wait for the doctor arrive and Andi thanked her.

We sat down on two chairs, well we more sat between two as Andi continued to hold me close into his side.

I clutched June while nervously looking at the ground. I had managed to bottle everything up for the moment, stopping my tears but sending the dull horrible pain and creeping fuzziness into overdrive. It felt like I was going to explode.

Andi was trying to keep cool,unconsciously bounced his leg in his own nervous tick. When he accidentally bumped off my tail.

I yelped, Andi immediately apologized but the damage was done and I was set off. I started crying all over again as Andi desperately tried to soothe me.

I screamed and pulled at my hood, I didn't want it touching my ears anymore, they hurt.
"Jamie we have to keep the hood up"
Andi stopped me. I knew he was right but I didn't care, it felt like it was suffocating me.