21. Jammity Calamity

"I promise we'll play some more after I finish this"
That's what Andi me promised an hour ago yet there I was pacing around, growing more bored with every second whilst he was still working

I'd done absolutely everything I could to stave off boredom. I'd looked at all the pictures in my books, tried some secret cartwheels(secret cause Andi said I'm not allowed to do them in the house, but they're so damn fun), coloured some more dinosaurs purple in the dumb book tom gave me.

I even made up a new game called 'Sprint as many times up and down the stairs until Andi tells me to stop', I was really good at it. My high score was 4 laps, but then Andi properly came out of his office and said i was gonna break my neck if i didn't stop.

I fell back on my bed and stared at the ceiling, conferring with June quicky before confirming my complete and total boredom.

And you know, with boredom, comes curiosity.

I sat up and looked around 'my room' and felt utterly uninspired.Don't get me wrong I'm more than eternally grateful for everything Andis given me, but nothing about this room was ever very me.

It was all very neutral tones, being a guest room it was probably meant to be generally inoffensive. And it was certainly nice to sleep in but otherwise...nothing

I danced June above me while kicking my legs as I pondered what different rooms I could go investigate instead. When it hit me.

The room Andi'd shown me yesterday morning, the one he intended for his future kid. The one he insinuated could be mine.

I got right up off the bed and went out to the hallway. First checking that Andi was still working, I snuck over to the room across from mine

I pushed at the door and it opened slowly. It hadn't been relocked.

I stepped into the room and looked around in awe, even if id been in there before I was still shocked by it's mere existence.

It was kinda weird looking, wallpaper all falling off and random furniture around. But it was really bright and spacious and parts were honestly really cool. Like the rug in the middle that had a whole town on it, or the huge fort in the corner.

The fort was the best, and that double fort thing Andi showed me, ingenious.

I was tempted to go back into the tent and bask in all it's pillowy comforts but I was drawn instead to a dresser storage unit thingy. There were so many drawers to open and explore. I just had to see what was inside every single one. And June totally agreed

I hurried over and opened each drawer one by one and was met by a myriad of clothing, alot of styles and sizes. Most of them with tags still attached.
"Woah, Andi just... has these"
I rummaged around, pulling out different clothes that interested me, and throwing them to the ground as I realized these were all definitely for kids.

Alot of big bold colours and patterns, animal designs and slogans that made me cringe. The kind of stuff Ben and I used to make fun of people wearing. Well Ben would always tell me to cut it out, but I saw him snigger.

I was about to give up on my exploring, when some pretty fabric caught my eye, I quickly pulled it out and it was revealed to be a onesie. It was navy, with cartoonish yellow stars
"Huh"
I stared at it, confused why I didn't feel compelled to throw it down

I fondled it in my hands, admiring how soft it was. It looked warm too, really cosy.

My self awareness suddenly kicked in and I felt my face flush at what I was doing. I looked around the room again, whining as some fuzziness settled over me.