34. An Interlude into Bandages

Hey guys! This is a bit of a side chapter cause honestly I completely forgot about Jamie's bite wound. I just rediscovered some notes about little moments I had planned out about Andrew tending to it.
So we're going back in time for a second to look at a few scenes as I retcon the bite's gradual heal.

In between doctor visits.

"Jamie?"
I jumped and looked to the sitting room door. Andi had peaked his head in and was now looking at me with an amused expression on his face. He stepped fully into the room.
"I thought you were getting dressed?"

I sheepishly twirled June's ear around my finger. She was serving as an excellent head rest as i lay sprawled on the couch.
"Was..."
I looked back to the tv, and the episode of bluey at fault for my delay
"..But haven't seen this one before"

"Ohh, alright then-"
Andi smiled and sat down on the spot of the couch i wasn't long enough to cover
"You were the one who wanted to be up and out, but I'm always happy to doss a little longer"
I frowned at his jab and Andi ruffled my hair. I frowned a little harder.

Now Andi was right, but that's beside the point. I had wanted to get fancy shaped pasta for dinner after Andi showed me some pictures of recipes in his newspaper at breakfast. So andi proposed we go to a few shops looking for the right kind and get lunch somewhere.

I got quite excited by the idea of a trip out so I wanted to leave asap. To do that i needed to get dressed.

But when I went back into the sitting room to grab june, it turned out I had left the tv on and the voice said they had new episodes of bluey all lined up. I couldn't not watch them!

So i was completely justified in retaliating. I went to push myself up, maybe to play hit him or mess up his own hair! But as i shifted my weight on to my arm, an all too familiar pain shot straight through it.

My arm buckled and i fell back down with a hiss.
"Woah! You ok Jamie?"
The horrible reminder of weakness throbbed painfully underneath its wrapping.
"I'm Fine"
I said and quickly sat up, fixing June beside me. I bit my cheek to keep from making any more noise, as i let my sore arm hang limp.

The pain had started back up at some point yesterday but I just ignored it. It's always hurt, i was used to it.

But I could feel Andi's eyes on me as I tried to focus back on the episode. He asked cautiously.
"Jam, is your arm at you?"
"No"
I said, apparently unconvincingly as Andi ignored it.
"Bambi if it's bothering you, we have to change the bandages"

Again Andi was right, but I still didn't like it. The doctor called Andi with a bunch of stupid rules about my bite. Washing it out and changing the wrap, none of which I'm ok with. I don't care what the egg doctor said. If he touches it, it'll just hurt more.

I replied coldly, failing to hide my irritation.
"It's not bothering me"
Andi narrowed his eyes
"Jam-"
"Just leave it!"
I snapped.

Andi took a breath but didn't say anything else and we fell into silence watching the show.

Until Andi rudely interrupted the very nice and not awkward silence, slapping his hands on his knees and standing.
"Well we might as well do it now, if we're dallying watching some bluey"

Andi walked right out of the room before I could react. I yelled angrily after him, my voice dragging into a whine.
"Andi!

Andi wasn't listening, he shouted back to me
"Ah come on Jam, I want to give it a clean at least once before we get back to Perry. Might be a bit of a red flag to go back with the same one he put on"
I heard him getting the little med kit from under the stairs and I hugged June anxiously.