29. Stormy Weather

Now admittedly I knew going outside during a storm was a bad idea. But I had no other choice, the rain hadn't let up for days and I was getting desperate for some time outside. I felt annoyingly enough like a dog that needed to be walked. I had alot of pent up energy I needed to run off, and it all felt concentrated to my now familar ear and tail spots.

I'd only had one trip to the park. Andi made me put on an extra hoodie and big boots and a raincoat. But we didn't even reach the playground before Andi declared the weather too bad and turned us around. I had to put on all those layers for nothing!

So the opportunity was too good to pass up. Andi upstairs busy doing whatever he's been stressing over lately, absolutely no one to stop me from opening the kitchen door and slipping out into the garden.

I ran forward into the grass feeling the ground squish between my toes. I giggled and jumped up and down, watching as the soaked through ground sunk under me and stained my socks with mud.

The rain hitting my face invigorated me. I hopped forward and laughed again at the squishy feeling. I went to hop again but tripped over my feet and fell forward onto the grass, mud splattering.

I kicked my feet and sat up, grabbing handfuls of mud I threw it up in the air and squealed watching it fall back down. I jumped up to my feet and span around, throwing more mud and happy screaming. I ran laps around the garden, feeling the pent up energy in my head dissipate.

I don't know how long I was out there till a call from the house stopped me in my tracks.
"Jamie! Oh my god what are you doing?"
I turned and smiled when I saw Andi in the door, thinking he'd want to join me outside. It was so much fun out here!

I waved
"Hey Andi!"
He was not as enthused as I'd hoped.
"Jamie you're going to catch your death. It's too wet. Come inside!"
He called out to me and I frowned. I didn't wanna go back inside.
"No!"
"Jamie-"
"No! You can't make me"
I plopped myself back down in the grass and laid back, with Andi very loudly protesting in the background. I tuned him out and rolled around in the grass, giggling devilishly to myself.

When suddenly i couldn't feel the rain hitting me anymore. I looked up in confusion and saw a pair of rain boots. Wearing those boots and holding a large umbrella over us both was Andi.
"Bambi get up now"
I huffed and wriggled around till I was facing away from Andi and tried to crawl away. Andi sighed and stepped around me, blocking my escape attempt. He didn't look impressed.
"Jam I'm not messing around, stand up or I'm carrying you in"

I pushed myself up to sitting and grumbled
"Why though? It's just rain, not gonna fucking kill me or anything"
Andi gave me a look over the cursing but said nothing about it
"Actually Jamie it'll make you sick being out here without a jacket"

He took me by my arm and lifted me to my feet. He tutted at me feeling my wet pyjamas.
"You're absolutely soaked-"
I whined and pulled against him slipping in the mud, but that only made him notice in shock.
"You don't have shoes on! Seriously Jamie?"

Andi dragged me back into the house, lecturing me all the while
"I told you it was too wet to go outside today, you're covered in mud and you don't even have shoes on!"
I strained against him
"So what?!"
He rubbed his temples and took a deep breath. Not answering me.

We got back into the kitchen, Andi took off his boots while he shut the door behind us and discarded the umbrella
"Take your socks off bambi"
Despite being clearly frustrated, Andi still regarded me with such care. I sat on the ground as he fussed over me and tried to figure out what to do next.

He brushed his thumb over my face, wiping at the mud smears that covered me.
"You definitely need to shower. I'm gonna have to start dinner without you"
My mouth fell open and I immediately protested.
"No! No Andi we do it together!"