19.Being open and honest is cool

I stirred awake but didn't bother to open my eyes. My bed was far too comfy and I was savoring the rest after so many late nights with Jamie.

As I laid, a smile formed on my face, remembering slowly the incredible dream I had last night.

I'd had similar ones before and this one was just as heartwarming.

Jamie had a bad dream and was all scared and upset. They came straight to 'Andi' though, so i was able to expertly comfort all their little cries.

It was so vivid, the way their tiny fist clung to my shirt in the cuddles, all those little whines and grunts when I scooped them up into my arms.

Dream cuddles were the best, just pure bliss. I reveled in the memory of the fake encounter till my peaceful lazing was interrupted...

"Hmph"
...by a little snore. A familiar tiny fist pulled my shirt tighter.

My eyes shot open and I very slowly inched my head up to gaze down at the weight I now registered on top of me.

As I forgot to draw any blinds or curtains last night, I had a perfect lighting to accompany what I saw. Jamie, sleeping soundly on top of my chest. One of their hands was clutched around a bit of my shirt. The other keeping June wedged between us while securing Jamie's thumb in their mouth.

They snuffled and snored around the digit, cutely drooling a little in their sleep. My dear old rabbit friend stared at me with her unnaturally deep and soulful eyes.

It hit me that my dream may not have been one at all.

I silently scanned around the room, looking for clues as to whether or not my brain had had a little fun with my memory of last night or not.

For one, Jamie was wearing my old Tenpole Tudor shirt, which did happen in the dream.
However I doubted my minds telling that Jamie was originally wearing a dark blue footed onesie before I changed them. My gaze moving over to a little pile of dirty clothes confirmed this.

Though I couldn't decide what was cuter on Jamie. My way too big t shirt or the imaginary onesie.

I brushed that out of my head and tried to think harder about last night. I hoped to absolutely everything that the cuddles were real. They were so nice.

I looked to Jamies backpack at the end of my bed. I didn't remember that. Why would Jamie pack a bag?

Unless they were trying to... leave

I looked back to the little darling snuggled up in my arms. The one who called me daddy leaving the doctor's..their mind changed so quick. And if they were so anxious to leave then how'd they end up here?

Maybe they went into the fuzzy headspace the doctor mentioned. Would they still be in it when they woke up or would I be left with a very embarrassed or possibly fuming Jam?

The questions plagued me but I appeared to have no more time to ponder as Jamie let out a whine.

They scrunched up their face, huffing and puffing out their cheeks. Doing all sorts of adorable fussing without opening their eyes. They hugged June tighter and nuzzled more into my chest.

They then seemed to realise they were not burrowing into a comfy bed, but a comfy person.

Jamie's whole body tensed and I watched, holding my breath, as they opened their eyes. They slowly lifted their head up and met my gaze.

We stared at eachother for what felt like an eternity, barely even blinking.

The overwhelming urge to break the silence caused me to croak out in my groggy morning(at this point more of a noon) voice.
"Morn-"
I coughed
"Mornin' Jam"