Chapter 32

Well, as I make this authors note on this chapter I'm kinda sad. This is the last chapter of Wolf Eyes. I'm so happy though because I have never before completed a book and this just brings me one step further to accomplishing my dream of being a professional author. I have so many story ideas but have never been able to stick with one for long enough to finish. Wattpad has truly inspired me to the point where I felt like I could complete it. A little over a year and it's done!

I'd just like to take a moment and thank all those who stuck with the book through its long journey. Unfortunately, that journey isn't over yet. I still have a long way to go with editing and getting it published. For future reference I might be taking down the later chapters just to protect myself - although even still the end result will likely be very different from this version.

It's been such a pleasure getting to know Taryn and Sebastian and Joey and Xena and everyone else here and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

~~*~~

*Taryn POV*

Two Years Later

"I don't see my parents enough." I said, glancing out the window and noting the blue house I always used to pass going to my own. "And I don't go home enough. I wonder if my parents get lonely."

"Well, you see them like...at least twice a year. That's gotta count for something."

I glared at Sebastian, who was grinning cheekily in the passenger seat. "You are doing a marvellous job of not helping."

"I try."

If I wasn't driving, I wouldn't hesitate to punch him in the shoulder. But since I was, it only remained a thought. 

"But anyway, it's not like they're home too much to begin with."

"Hmm, I guess. Too busy with human and pack relations."

Sebastian shifted in his seat, leaning forwards to stretch his back by reaching for the windshield. The long hours of the drive were certainly taking their toll on the both of us.

"Speaking of which, I wonder how they're doing with handling the relations of Alpha Jay's pack."

"Lexy's pack, you mean."

"Right. I keep forgetting that."

"Sebastian. We went to the transferring ceremony."

It had been a shock to both of us when we got the announcement that Alpha Jay was going to step down and give the Alpha leadership of the Silver Heart to his daughter. Because we had used to be apart of the pack and Lexy and I had long since made our peace, she had made sure to invite us. Despite it having been a little over a year ago, we, mostly Sebastian, still had trouble remembering from time to time that Lexy now held the formal title. After all, we were much closer to Joey's pack now, in both distance and relations.

Some of the werewolves in the Triple Stars still bore a grudge against me for killing their previous alpha two years ago, but there had never been any severe danger to myself or Sebastian whenever I stepped outside the door of the main house.

"Finally!" Sebastian jumped out of the car before I had even stopped completely in my parents' driveway. "Hey Xena, you made it!"

I stepped out of the car to see Xena leaning against her own car with her hand entwined with her partner's. "Of course we made it." She was saying. "If I can find a mouse underground in the middle of the night, I can find my way to my previous pack's town."