Chapter 15

Happy 4th! Like I promised, here's the next chapter only a few days after the other one...I made you guys suffer so much in June, you should at least get some comfort and leniacy from me. Anyway, comment and vote because I really love you guys when you do :D

~~*~~

*Sebastian POV*

The beginning went surprisingly well. I had elected she sit across from me on the bed instead of in my arms so that she wouldn’t be too uncomfortable and she would probably see I was telling the truth more if she faced me head-on. 

I had begun by explaining to her that how there were set territories all across the world that were ruled by one, or two, people called Alphas and their second-in-commands were called Betas and so on. She didn’t bat an eyelash, my reasoning being that it wasn’t much different than state-to-state governors except with different names. 

Then I got to the actual werewolf part. When I let the word slip that the territories were home to packs of werewolves, the stoic face Taryn had been giving me changed into doubt. I winced. This was the part that I feared. 

“Is this all a joke to you?” She asked, her voice fragile. 

“No, I promise it isn’t. This is more serious than anything you will ever experience in your life. I am a werewolf and this is the pack that I am with. For the moment anyway. It’s not my natural-born pack.” I explained. 

Taryn reached up and wiped her eyes, turning away from me. “Out of all the people in the world, I never knew that you would be the one to destroy my life. I thought about it a few times, in the beginning. But not in the middle.” She made to get off the bed, but I stopped her before she could.

“No, Taryn, you don’t understand, I’m telling the truth!” I pleaded. I scrambled off the bed and got on my knees in front of her. In this position, she was a few inches taller than me, forcing me to look up. “I promise, I would never lie to you. If you want proof I can give you proof but if you step outside this house I can’t guarantee your safety. That wolf - werewolf - he is my father. But I have no relation to him. I left him and his pack and came to this one in order to hide. But I never thought that I would find you here or that he would find me. Now, as a result, I’ve dragged you into this situation and it’s all my fault. I’m sorry, I’m so very sorry Taryn.”

The girl before me stayed silent while I spoke, refusing to look me in the eyes. When I was finished, she didn’t say anything for a long time. Then, when she finally spoke, her voice was soft, nearly broken. “You know, over the past few months, you’ve taught me a lot of things and I’ve come to trust you on every single one of them. But this…this is just cruel. Let me leave Sebastian. I can’t take anymore lying.”

“I’ll show you right now if you want me to! I will!” I protested, but Taryn pushed me aside with her good arm, my body moving like a limp doll, and forced herself on her feet. She nearly collapsed when she distributed half her weight on her bandaged leg, but quickly got into the rhythm of limping towards the door.

As I watched her walk away, my fists clenched. I couldn’t allow her to get hurt again. 

Without another moment’s hesitation, I lunged for her, shifting fluidly into my wolf form in a split second and blocking her way to the door. As soon as she saw me, her eyes grew wide with terror and she screamed, falling down as she tried to stumble away from me. Once on the ground she continued to back up frantically until she hit the wall on the opposite side of the room. 

Although it pained me to see the complete and utter terror on her face, I forced myself to steel myself to it and began walking towards her. She strained away from me, as if she could press herself through the wall until I was right in front of her. Even in my wolf form I towered over her, probably making myself look even more frightening from her perspective.