Chapter 16

Adrian's pov

"Now that we know she is our Ev, what are we going to do?" Ryan asked to which we looked at him.

"Do what? She is our sister and we are gonna tell her the truth and then she will live with us" My son Liam said looking at him.

"Uh.. But what about her family?" Ryan asked looking at me and then at Liam.

"We are her family, aren't we?" Liam replied to which Ryan shook his head.

"No, not that way. I'm sure their must be someone else whom she might consider her family. Um.. Her parents or something. Or may be that, um.. Victoria?" Ryan said to which I got little angry.

Although his points were valid but I really didn't like the idea of my daughter calling someone else her parents or family.

"What are you saying? Why will she consider someone else her family when we are her family?" Liam argued looking really angry at Ryan.

"Ryan try to understand, all these years she lived with someone else. She might consider them their family. And second she don't know that she is Ev and not Grace, than why will she consider us her family?" Ryan argued back raising his brows.

Sighing I slumped in the nearest couch looking and thinking of other stuffs.

"Um.. Actually" Celia interrupted them looking little uncomfortable.

"What happened?" I asked getting up from the couch and walked towards her.

"Dad actually Grace, uhm.. She.. She.. " Celia stammered looking away from me.

"What do you want to say Celia? Be clear" I said but she looked uncomfortable.

"Adrian actually.." George said grabbing our attention towards him.

We all looked at him waiting for him to say something but his statement broke my heart.

"Adrian actually Grace is orphan. That's what she has written in her documents where parents name and occupation and other details were mentioned" George said looking at me with sorry face.

His words literally broke me. My daughter, my Ev, she consider herself orphan. I felt like someone stabbed knife in my heart. My thoughts got broken by Sofia's cries.

"My baby thinks she is or..orphan.. Oh God" Sofia cried harder looking heartbroken as ever.

I quickly ran towards her and embraced her in my arms. She cried more in my arms. My own eyes were also teary and I know others must be crying too.

"Ssshhh! Sofia please stop crying" I tried comforting her but I knew this is of no use.

"Ad.. Adrian.. She.. She"

"No Sofia, no. Don't cry. Right now she is unaware of this fact but very soon she will call us Mom and Dad, okay" I tried to cheer her up but she didn't stopped her tears.

"Sofia" I again tried but nothing happened. Soon my mom came and hugged her.

Both of them cried in each others arms. After few seconds, mom broke the hug and wiped Sofia's tears.

"Don't cry Sofia. Now it's time to celebrate. Our Ev is now so close to us. When we all lost our hopes God did surprised us with her arrival. Now it's time to welcome her again in our life and this time protect her with everything. This time we have to be strong. We have to protect her with all the dangers around. Be it that Victoria or someone else, okay" Mom said giving us a look.

"I agree that it's heartbreaking for you to know that she thinks that she is orphan when you and Adrian are there for her but see the good side too. She don't consider someone else her parents. She don't call someone else her mother. Isn't that great?" Mom asked to which she nodded but then she looked at me and than at Celia and George in confusion.