Chapter 23

Adrian's pov

Pain. This is the emotion I felt when Celia told me that Ev returned the money which I paid for her treatment. It broke my heart. I should be happy that my princess is an independent girl but I'm not happy. Maybe because I thought I would be the one who will take care of her needs but I guess I was wrong.

"Adrian I tried to deny her but she wasn't ready to listen anything" Celia said to which I nodded half heartily.

"I'm sorry" Celia said once again.

"No Celia please. It's wasn't your fault. Don't say sorry. And I just realised that I should be thankful to you. Because of you My Ev is with me now, so thank you Celia. Thank you so so so much" I said to which she smiled through her tears.

"Don't Adrian. Don't" She chirped after wiping her tears softly.

"Dad is right Celia. Thank you for giving us our sister back, baby" Liam said and hugged her.

"Oh, Liam" Celia laughed patting his back a little.

I laughed looking at them. I'm glad that they love each other so much.

"Adrian" I heard excited voice of my wife to which I turned towards her. She came to me and smiled brightly at me.

"Adrian, Ev's room is ready" She smiled. "Now she can live in her own room. Can you believe this?" She grinned happily.

"That's great, Sofia" I smiled back at her.

"I'm so excited Adrian. I can't wait for her to be in her own room. I was waiting for this day from years Adrian. I'm so happy. I finally have my daughter with me" Sofia chirped happily through their were little tears in her eyes.

"Don't, Sofia. Don't" I said wiping her tears to which she sniffed a little.

"I'm so happy" She said again and hugged me.

"Me too" I hugged her back and kissed her hairs a little.

"Uh oh. We are here" I heard Liam's voice and groaned.

Breaking the hug, we turned towards him and glared him for ruining our moment to which he raised his hands in surrender.

But before we could have said something, My brother Asher came along with my son Aaron. They looked troubled.

"Is everything okay?" I asked looking at their faces.

"No" Aaron groaned angrily.

"What happened?" Sofia asked him.

"Nothing happened. This is the problem" Aaron said settling himself in a nearby couch and poured himself a glass of water.

"What didn't happened?" This time Liam asked looking in-between Aaron and Asher.

Asher sighed and looked towards me before taking a seat near Aaron.

"We are trying to get information about Ev but we are not getting it. The man who was Ev's landlord in Srilanka has no idea about Ev's past. He don't know anything about her, neither someone else. I even asked my man to visit the the places where she used to work, but even her workmates has zero information about Ev's past. They don't know anything about Ev or Victoria" Asher said and I sighed.

"Is this possible that Victoria isn't alive?" Celia asked and we all shrugged.

Who knows? But I really want her to die.

"Can't we ask Ev?" Sofia asked and we all shook our head in no.

"No Sofia. At least not now" I sighed to which she nodded her head in understanding.