Chapter 35

Grace/Evelyn's pov

After reaching Parkar's place I quickly got off the car and went inside the mansion and then in my room. I again took a shower and my wore pj's.

I sighed happily when I felt comfortable and threw myself in the bed to get some relaxation but suddenly someone knocked the door.

"Come in" I said and sat up.

Mrs parkar came inside with a tray filled with fruits and orange juice and smiled looking at me.

"How was your day, Ev?" She asked with a bright smile and placed the tray on my study table and came to sit beside me.

"Good" I said and smiled at her to which she looked at me in shock.

Even I'm shocked with myself.

"That's amazing" She said with a happy smile and caressed my head but she was little hesitant as if she was scared of my reaction. And for a change, I didn't pushed her away from me.

Yes, it's true that when she called herself my mother, I was angry and disgusted and my brain automatically went back to the past when I got to know about me being sold in brothel by my mother and all those years of torture in orphanage which I endured. I actually pictured her to be the one who sold me to brothel but honestly she don't give me that kind of vibes.

Everytime she looks at me, I feel like she is yearning for my love and acknowledgment or maybe for Evelyn's love and acknowledgment. In short I always feel that she won't harm me and she genuinely loves me. But of course my past doesn't allow me to believe someone easily.

But again, not everyone is same. Just because those couple tortured me, it doesn't mean that everyone will be like them. We live in a big world and everyone is different from others. So I think it's high time when I push my past back and try to be at least polite with them.

I don't know if I'm Evelyn or not but if I'm then I think I should definitely respect the woman who gave birth to me and yearned for my love for years and if I'm not then I should be respectful to her as she thinks of me as a daughter and no mother would be happy if their daughter misbehaves with them.

So, I have decided that I won't be rude to them and will try to trust them. This is a big decision which I have taken for myself even after getting betrayed before. I just hope that I don't regret my decision in future or else I won't be able to trust anyone.

"Ev. Ev" I heard her calling me so I looked at her.

"Yeah?" I asked as she looked worried.

"Where were you lost? I called your name so many times" Mrs parkar asked softly.

"Nothing. I was just thinking about my homework" I lied.

"Oh, okay" Mrs parkar smiled at me.

"You want to say something?" I asked when I saw her opening and closing her mouth again and again.

"Um yeah" She sighed.

"I wanted to ask you something" She said softly to which I nodded, encouraging her to ask whatever she wants to.

"How have you been all these years?" She asked slowly.

"Uh.. What?" I asked not understanding her question.

She sighed sadly.

"I asked how have you been all these years, alone?" She asked softly.

Her question caught me off guard. In all these years, nobody has asked me this one question. Nobody cared to knew about my feelings. Nobody cared to ask about my sufferings and loneliness. Nobody, except her.