Chapter 45

Victoria's pov

- Eighteen years ago -

"What the hell Victoria, All this while, I thought that you that you love me too and you want a future with me, but here you're obsessed with someone who is already married?" Ricardo questioned me with disgust.

"And you killed your father too. Victoria! How can you do this? You killed your own father? And for whom? Adrian? A married man? How can you stoop so low, Victoria? How?" Ricardo yelled in anger.

"Listen-"

"No, you listen to me. You will come with me to the police station and you will confess your crime" Ricardo said angrily.

Wtf!

"What the hell is wrong with you, Ricardo? Are you mad or what? You want me to confess the murder knowing very well that I can get punishment?" I asked angrily but looking at his stare I calmed myself and walked towards him.

"Ricardo" I sighed softly and rubbed his arms but he snatched his arms and walked away from me.

"Ricardo, listen please to me" I said and held his wrist.

"Listen, I'm sorry. I- I love Adrian. I really do. Before meeting him, I thought that I love you but I don't. Adrian is the one who I love. I- I am sorry but we can never get back together" I said slowly to which he narrowed his eyes at me.

"You're really shameless, Victoria" Ricardo said and again looked at me with disgust.

"Yes I'm mad at you for loving Adrian but more than that I'm mad because you have zero regrets after killing your own father" Ricardo said shaking his head.

"All this while, I did everything to make you feel special because I thought that must be upset after your father's demise but you? You were not upset. You were planning. You were planning to get close to a married man who loves his wife dearly" Ricardo said to which I glared him.

"Tell me Victoria, are you really shameless? Didn't you felt any amount of guilt after killing your father?" He asked to which I shook my head.

"Shut up, Ricardo. You don't know anything about me. Of course I'm guilty. Of course I'm unhappy after killing my father. But my guilt can't get him back so there's no point for me to cry over his death now" I yelled at him to which he glared at me.

"Are you listening to yourself? You're so evil, Victoria. But thank you. Thank you for opening my eyes" He said raising his hands in surrender.

"Here, I was planning to propose you for marriage but thank god I didn't. You don't deserve it. You don't deserve a family" He said angrily.

"You know what, you're a psychopath. You fucking need help" With this Ricardo started to search something.

Shit.

It's all my fault. Last night I was really drunk and in that condition I ended up spilling everything to him and now he is behind me.

"I'm calling the police" He said and started to dial the number.

Widening my eyes in shock, I rushed towards him and snatched his phone from his hand.

"No, you won't" I said in panic.

"Yes, I will" He said gritting his teeth in anger.

"Ricardo, No. I love Adrian and that's why I did that" I said, crying.

"Oh really? You do? No, you don't. You're just obsessed with him. You don't love him" Ricardo said to which I looked at him angrily.

"Don't, Ricardo. Don't insult my love for Adrian. Adrian is the one who I love the most in this whole world" I said grinding my teeth.