Chapter 22

Grace/Evelyn's pov

I'm in love with this family. They're so cute and humble. Not for once, they had let me to be alone especially mrs parkar and Liam. Others were also there but Mrs parkar and Liam were not leaving my side at all. They kept me busy and entertained.

Also I got to meet each and every member of Parkar family which I missed last time like Liam's grandma and his uncle Asher and aunt Kriya and other cousins of Liam.

Also mrs parkar was making me eat fruits and dry fruits every now and then even though I didn't wanted to have them.

"Come on, last slice" Mrs parkar said forwarding a slice of apple to me. Half heartily I had that.

"Tell me something about yourself, Grace" Aaron said and I looked at him confused.

"About me?" I asked to which he nodded.

"Their is nothing interesting about me" I said making a face.

"Oh come on. Tell us about your fam.. I mean about your friends" He said to which I smiled at him.

"Well I have got some really awesome friends in New York. Some of them are my classmates and others are my classmates friends. My favorite one is Anna by the way. Then their is Samantha, Juliana, Darius, Issac and Cole" I smiled and remembered all the good times which I have spend with them.

"So, you have guy friends too?" Liam asked all of a sudden and sat beside me.

"Um yeah" I replied.

"I don't want to scare you but you should stay away from boys. Boys are dumpsters" Liam said and I looked at him weirdly.

"No they are not" I chipped to defend my friends to which he lightly glared me.

"They are" He said crossing his arms across his chest.

"You have never met them. How can you say that they are dumb?" I asked to which he glared me hard this time.

But before he could have argued back, Celia stopped him to which he looked pissed. I laughed looking at his balloon face.

"Ok. Ok. Now tell me something about your family" Aaron asked to which my smile dropped.

I hate this topic.

"Um.. I don't have a family" I said and he gave me a small sad smile.

"Who named you Grace?" Liam asked looking intentionally at me.

"I don't know" I said and shrugged my shoulders in process.

I really have no idea that who named me Grace. The only thing I knew is that I was rescued from a brothel when I was three. I have no idea who is my mom and why she sold me to brothel. And I don't know who named me, my mom or any of the staff from the orphanage where I lived for nine years.

When I was a kid, I was really curious about my mom, my name and my family background. But now I just don't care. Now the only thing matters for me is that, I hate my mom. If I ever get the chance to meet her in future, I will definitely tell her that I hate her so much.

"Grace" I looked up at Celia as she called me.

"Where were you lost? I called you thrice" She asked with concern.

"No where. Sorry I just zoned out" I smiled sheepishly at her.

"Do you want to take some rest?" She asked to which I nodded.

"Come I'll take you to my room" She said to which I smiled at her.

Soon we both were back to her room and thankfully this time we were alone. This is the time.

"Celia I have so many questions" I said looking directly in her eyes.

"Okay" She said sighing like she was expecting this.

"Why I'm here?" I asked her.

"Grace, listen. You were sick and you needed rest. And I know you're all alone. No body would have been their to take care of you that's why we took you here" She said and I sighed.

"I'm not that much injured. I just have few injuries. I could have managed. Why did you bother yourself?" I whined.

I really didn't liked the idea of bothering her.

"Grace we are not at all bothered by your presence. Infact we are happy that you are here. So please don't overthink so much" She said and I smiled a little at her.

"One more question" I said and she nodded urging me to ask.

"Um.. How did I got discharged without paying my bills?" I asked the question which I was dying to ask.

"Liam's father payed" She said and I widened my eyes in shock.

"What? Why? Why did you let him pay? You could have woken me up. I know I'm not rich but I still had some money to me. I could have payed myself" I almost shouted looking around in order to calm my nerves.

"Grace. Grace. Relax, okay" She said rubbing my back.

"How can I relax Celia? Someone else paid for my expenses. I'm not liking it" I said angrily.

"Grace please calm down" She said giving me a glass of water to drink but I denied.

"Grace please" She chirped and again forwarded the glass to me. This time I gave up and drank the father.

"How much was the bill?" I asked to which she looked confused.

"I'm asking how much was my bill? I'm gonna give him his money back" I said and she shook her head in no.

"Grace listen. You don't have to do that" She said and I denied through my head.

"No Celia. I'm not going to listen this time" I said and she sighed.

"Fine" She said and went somewhere.

Soon she came to me and got my phone and a paper to me.

"Your phone and the bill" She said looking disappointed.

"Thank you" I said and saw the bill. I was shook when I saw the bill. I hardly was admitted their for a day. But I still payed her money back to her.

"Done" I said as my phone pinged with a message as I transferred money in her account.

She didn't looked happy at all but still nodded and faked the smile to me.

"You take rest. I"ll come later, okay" She said and was about to leave the room but I stopped her.

"Celia" I called her to which she stopped and turned to me.

"Thanks a lot for helping me. I'm genuinely thankful to you" I said smiling brightly at her to which she nodded and left the room.

As she left I checked my phone only to realise that my friends were calling me and messaging me since yesterday. Their were so many missed calls, messages and voice notes.

I immediately went to our friends group in WhatsApp and left a message that I'm fine and I'll soon be going to my dorm. After my message, Anna called me to know about my whereabouts. I told her everything to which she was shocked. After talking with her for some more time, I disconnected the phone and decided to leave.

Grace/Evelyn hates her mom🤭 How do you guys think she will react when she will get to know that Sofia is her mom. Do you think, she will badmouth her or will she give her the silent treatment? Comments your thoughts below👇

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

Also I hope you guys liked the chapter. Please don't forget to vote and comment and also share this story with your friends and family. And check my other stories too.

Thank you for reading (❁´◡'❁)