Chapter 40

Sorry for the late update😅

Sofia's pov

Next Day

I was happily making breakfast for all my kids. Usually the chef prepares the food but for some reason today I decided to make breakfast on my own. I was making omelette and pancakes for everyone as I knew how much they all love it.

"Mom" I heard Aaron's voice to which I turned towards him.

"Aaron. Good morning baby" I saw giving him a small hug to which he smiled a little.

"Morning mom" He replied in a low voice to which I frowned.

"Is everything okay Aaron?" I asked softly to which he nodded.

"Yeah I just saw uncle Leo packing his bags. Maybe he is leaving" Aaron replied to which I sighed.

"It's good that he is leaving" I said slowly to which Aaron raised his brows at me.

I sighed and looked away from him for a second but then again looked at Aaron knowing that he was waiting for my answer.

"I said what I said, Aaron. It's good that my brother is leaving. And I'm not saying that just because of yesterday's incident only. My brother thinks that I didn't notice his strange behavior with Ev. I did. I did notice when he was trying to provoke Ev without any reason" I said and sighed.

"From the very first day itself, he is trying to provoke Ev into fighting him. In the name of fun he tried to insult Ev. I saw how he liked to get on Ev's nerves. I noticed that all. Ev and my brother think that I didn't notice the unknown tension in between them but I did notice. It was hard to not notice" I sighed deeply.

"And honestly I'm quite happy that he is leaving. Because I did notice how he tried to create distance between Ev and us. He was again and again reminding Ev that she was all alone all these years without getting any kind of love from us. In short my brother, my own brother was indirectly calling my daughter outsider" I said getting a little angry and then turned towards Aaron.

"Ev is finally opening up to us. She is finally trying to be civil with all of us. And I honestly don't want her to misunderstand us because of anyone" I said and Aaron nodded.

"I agree mom. I noticed that too. I guess it's good that uncle is leaving. It's good for all of us" Aaron replied slowly.

I nodded and started mixing the batter when suddenly Aaron came behind and back hugged making me shocked.

"Don't worry mom. Everything will be fine one day" Aaron said and kissed my cheek to which I smiled and nodded at him.

"Thanks" I smiled caressing his cheeks.

"Now go and get ready. I'm almost done with my cooking" I said shooing him to which he playfully glared at me and left the kitchen.

I smiled at his antics and started making the pancake.

-After some time-

Once I was done with making the breakfast I asked the maid to call everyone for breakfast and then went to my room.

I opened my wardrobe and pulled out a box which had a small but beautiful decor piece for Nancy.

Sighs.

As much as I am angry with the situation created by my brother, I can't upset Nanny. She has always a nice girl to me.

Yesterday she actually looked little upset when I gave that pendant to Ev but I guess this decor piece will make her happy.