Chapter 38

Sofia's pov

Same day.

Disappointment. This is the emotion which I'm feeling right now. I never thought that in my life, a day will come when I'll be disappointed by my own brother but it came.

I know as a father he might have felt bad but this doesn't give him any rights to call my daughter a gold digger. I know he loves his daughter but he should understand that I love my daughter as well and I want to give her my everything.

He or any other person can never understand my pain which I have gone through all these years without my daughter. Even when we all finally found her, she was so distant with all of us.

And now when she is finally opening up to us, I won't let anyone ruin my chance to get back my daughter, be it my own brother.

He has always been with his daughter but I didn't. And now I want to be with my daughter in every phase of her life. I will give my daughter everything and for sure I won't let anyone disrespect her.

My brother Leo has to understand that Evelyn is my first priority now and she deserves all my love and attention.

With this thought I went towards my brother's room and knocked on his door.

"Come in" I heard his voice after a few seconds to which I finally went inside his room.

"Brother" I called him as his back was facing me.

He quickly turned around and gave me a slight nod.

"Can we talk?" I asked softly to which he nodded. I smiled at him and settled myself on the couch and asked him to join me.

When he sat beside me I caught his palm and kissed it like I used to do in childhood. He smiled at that and caressed my head a little.

"Brother" I sighed heavily and finally got the courage to talk to him.

"I-I know that you love and care for Nancy. I know you can't see her upset. But trust me we all love and care for her too. She is not just your daughter but ours too" I said softly.

"I know whatever happened today was not right. But it wasn't Ev's fault. It was my fault. That pendant was for Ev but I forgot that and when Ev saw that and said that she liked it, I then remembered I actually bought that pendant because that pendant reminded me of her. Trust me I had no intention of hurting Nancy and so does Ev" I said looking at him.

"And we all saw that Ev was denying that pendant. It was me who forced her to take that pendant" I said remembering Ev's face when I asked her to keep that pendant.

"Brother, today for the first time Evelyn liked something which I got for her and that thought made me emotional" I said and smiled at him.

"I know you love your daughter a lot but you have to understand that I love my daughter too. For years, I had been craving for Ev and now when she is finally here, I don't want to loose her" I said and wiped a tear which falls from my eyes.

"If Nancy really liked that pendant, I can buy another one for her but please don't come after my Ev for something which she haven't done" I said sternly.

"Brother, I really didn't liked the way you talked with her today. That was really rude. And you even called her a gold digger without knowing the actual story" I said to which he looked taken a back.

"I didn't called her gold digger. She might have heard something wrong or maybe she is lying to you" He said getting angry.

"Why would she lie?" I asked back.

"Why would I lie?" He asked angrily.

"So now you trust her over me? You think your brother is lying to you?" He asked sadly and I instantly shoom my head.

"You are thinking wrong Leo. It's just that you tend to speak ill when you get angry so i-i thought that-"

"You thought that I will disrespect your daughter by calling her a gold digger? You know how much I love you Sofia. Even after that you think I will say or do something like that? You know, I will never do anything to hurt you still you think so low of me" He said looking straight in my eyes but surprisingly today his words didn't felt real to me.

I facepalmed myself and shake my head a little at him.

"Ok fine I believe you that you didn't called her gold digger but we all saw you raising your voice at her. You disrespected her and you can't say no to this because we all saw. Was that right? You raised your voice for a simple pendant. Don't you think that was unnecessary?" I asked to which he looked deep in my eyes and then chuckled.

"You know Sofia I always used to think that a child learns from their parents but today for the first time I am seeing a mom learns from her children" He said chuckling to which I frowned.

"Ever since I have come here, your daughter Evelyn has been disrespectful to me and now you're disrespecting me too. Seems like your daughter is a great influencer" Brother said with a grin.

"Brother. DON'T" I said getting angry to which he grinned more.

"See now you're shouting at me" Brother said with a grin which almost looked dangerous.

"Listen Leo, you're my brother and for that I love you and care for you and I do respect you, and you know that too. You're making a big issue out of it and it's your fault" I said raising my voice a little.

"Sofia, you're fighting with me for her but the problem here is that she don't even consider you her mom. For her you're just mrs parkar. The fact is that she doesn't give a damn about you or anyone in this family" He said in a taunting voice.

I was speechless. This is not my brother. My brother was never like this. My brother was always used to be so loving and caring towards me. Where did my brother go?

"What happened? Cat got your tongue?" He asked with a dangerous grin to which my blood boiled in anger.

"Yes it's true that she doesn't consider me her mother but this won't change the fact that I'm her mother and she is my daughter. And her not accepting the fact won't change anything to me. She is my daughter and I'll always cherish this fact and I'll always protect my daughter with my everything" I said sternly.

"Fifteen years ago, fate snatched her from us but now she is here, with me, with us. And this time I won't let anyone snatch her from me and neither I will allow anyone to disrespect my daughter" I said looking directly in my brother's eyes.

"Either Evelyn accept it or not but the truth is that she is a Parkar. And being that, she deserves to love and respected by EVERYONE" I added.

"You have changed, Sofia. You were never like this before" Brother said in a small voice.

"I haven't changed, brother. I'm still the same person. Probably your love towards Nancy has blocked your vision and that maybe you have changed now" I said and turned to leave the room but stopped again.

"And brother please try to be little empathic towards my Evelyn. She has suffered a lot in past. I don't want her to suffer anymore. I want her to be happy and carefree like my other children. So, as a mother I'm requesting you to be loving towards my daughter like I'm towards your daughter, Nancy" I said and left the guest room.

Precap: Victoria in Parkar mansion(•ˋ _ ˊ•)

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

I hope you guys liked the chapter. Please don't forget to vote and comment. And do share this story with your friends and family and check my other books too.

Thank you (❁´◡'❁)

Our Lost Princessजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें