Chapter 37

Grace/Evelyn's pov

Three hours. It has been three painful hours since Nancy has arrived here and since then I'm getting dragged in almost every conversation.

Not gonna lie but this girl has some serious issues with me. Not for once she has talked genuinely with me. Even after politely replying back to her she didn't understand. She is still trying to compare herself with me.

Like I don't understand her obsession with me. For the past three hours, she has been continuously bragging about having the attention of both the families and all.

"...and you know what Evelyn, Aunt Sofia used to fulfill all my demands" She said catching my attention to which I passed her a tight lipped smile which seemed to irritate her.

"And also.." She was stopped with the ringing in her phone.

"Oh, I guess it's time for me to leave" Nancy said pouting softly.

Thank God.

"Why? Stay for a few days. You can go and meet your in-laws some other time" Mrs parkar said to which Nancy shook her head with a smile.

"Honestly I really want to stay here with you but I have to go there and meet them" Nancy said to which mrs nodded sadly.

"But I really wanted to meet uncle Adrian before leaving" Nancy said with sadness.

"I know sweetie. I called Adrian but he is not picking up his phone. I guess he is really busy right now though I have messaged him about your arrival" Mrs parkar said to which she nodded and stood up.

"Nancy I'll drop you to the airport, ok" Liam said to which Nancy smiled brightly at him and again looked at me with a mocking smile to which I just rolled my eyes.

"Nancy wait a second, okay. I have something for you" Mrs parkar said and rushed inside her room to which I frowned.

"Evelyn" Suddenly Nancy came to me and hugged me tightly to which I hugged her back.

Breaking the hug, she looked at me and gave me a smile which wasn't looking genuine.

"Evelyn, unfortunately you never got to see the big celebrations in your life because of Victoria. You kinda missed every important occasion of our families but I want you to be there for my big day. So here I'm personally inviting you for my wedding which is after two months. You have to be there, okay" She said to which I nodded.

I sighed not understanding her real intention. Everything about her seems diplomatic to me. For some weird reason, she and her father, both are giving me negative vibes.

Something about them is off. It seems like they really dislike me or something. Like my presence is unbearable to them.

"Nancy" My thoughts were broken when Mrs parkar suddenly came towards Nancy who was standing beside me.

Mrs parkar smiled at her and passed her a beautiful red color box which was in square shape.

A jewellery box.

Nancy's eyes widened in excitement. She happily opened the box revealing two beautiful expensive looking pendants.

 She happily opened the box revealing two beautiful expensive looking pendants