Chapter 28

You guys are really mean. You guys want me to update but you don't ever vote or comment. You guys know that voting and commenting is free in wattpad, right? Come on, shower your love to my book (。>﹏<。)

Adrian's pov

It has been two hours now that Ev has went to her school. And in this two hours Sofia has called thrice to my brother to ask about Ev's wellbeing. Well, I don't blame her though. Yesterday when Ev tried to run away from us, it really scared us and none of us want to leave her alone now. We are kinda scared that she might run away.

Sigh.

Today Asher's friend, who is the sub inspector in Amsterdam might give us some information about Ev's connection with Amsterdam or maybe Victoria's whereabouts. I'm really hopeful about this and I really want to know the truth. But at the same time I'm scared. Scared to know something about Ev, which might come as a shocker to me.

With heavy heart, I kept waiting for Asher's phone call. I even called Aaron to know about the progress but he didn't picked the phone.

After waiting for some more time I decided to call Aaron but he himself called me and said that they got information about Ev's connection with Amsterdam and he will be here soon to tell us the details. I was happy that we finally were getting to know something but I was scared too because of Aaron's tone.

Aaron has always been a playful person. He hardly gets angry or depressed but today he sounds really upset and that made me really scared. I wanted to know what my daughter has gone through but at the same time I was scared.

I just wish the upcoming news isn't much depressing. Cause honestly, my heart won't be able to take that.

With heavy heart, I called everyone and told them that Aaron and Asher has got the information about Ev's past.

After waiting for few more minutes, both Asher and Aaron came but they both looked sad, especially Aaron. He looked heartbroken which caused ache in my heart. They both looked at us with broken face.

"A-Aaron what's wrong?" Sofia asked. "Are you okay?" She added to which he nodded but he didn't looked okay.

"Um.. We got to k-know something about Ev" Asher said slowly to which we all looked at him whereas he was looking down.

"L-lets get seated" Asher said after a minute to which we all nodded and settled ourselves in couch whereas Asher and Aaron were still standing.

"For god sake Aaron, say something. We are dying to know" Liam said urgently to which Aaron nodded and took a long breathe before speaking.

"Ev.. She used to live in Amsterdam before Srilanka" Aaron said still looking down.

"O-okay. And.." Celia asked him.

"S-she used to live in life care orphanage" Aaron said slowly.

Something about his tone was not right. I was scared that he is going to reveal something which we are not going to like it.

"Uh.. Ev was three when she got rescued by local cops in Amsterdam and was sent to the orphanage" Aaron said taking a deep breath.

"Rescued? What does that mean?" Sofia asked softly but by seeing the look in her face, I knew that she was scared too.

"E-Ev actually.. Ev.." Aaron stammered and for the first time in morning he looked up at us.

We all gasped in surprise after looking at him. His eyes were teary all his face was red. It looked like that he was trying to control himself from breaking down completely.