Chapter 32

Grace/Evelyn's pov

Danger. My mind is just repeating this one word ever since Uncle Leo has came. Everything about him is making me anxious. Something in my mind is saying that he is not what he is presenting himself to be. It's like he is a two faced man who is saying something else but wants something else but not something good. And the worst part is that he is going to live here for few days.

When they were chatting, I got to know a lot of stuffs about him and Mrs parkar. Like they both were born in middle class family. Their father was an army man so most of the times he used to be away from them.

Leo was the one who took care of Mrs parkar and her mom in his dad's absence. He took the role of the man of the house and was always their for his family. He basically sacrificed his teenagehood for his family.

Although these are his good deeds but peoples at time changes, don't they?

Sigh.

Currently Leo lives with his wife, daughter and parents. His son is already married and lives in another country with his wife. And his daughter Nancy is getting married after few months.

Leo said that his parents wanted to come and meet 'Evelyn' but one of them got sick in last moment so he came alone.

Also one thing I noticed about him was that he most of the times was bringing Nancy in conversation.

Like he kept on telling me that before Evelyn's birth, Parkars used to treat Nancy like princess but when Evelyn came, everyone forgot about Nancy. Though he said that in playful voice but something about his tone wasn't right. Somehow I felt that he was complaining.

And not just that, he infact said that Parkar's once promised him that they will transfer one of their property to Nancy but after Evelyn's birth they forgot about their deal. And guess what? Leo said this one thing for three times like he either wanted them to feel guilty or he wanted them to fulfill this promise.

Greedy man.

I sighed thinking about all those stuffs and decided to rest a little.

Victoria's pov

I was sitting comfortably in my balcony and drinking wine. All this while I was waiting for his call.

He said that today he was supposed to meet Parkars. Don't know if he got to know something or not.

By the way I'm surprised that Evelyn made it out alive. Because I wasn't sure that she would survive or not after all those beatings.

I chuckled remembering the day when I thought she was dead but I still sold her to brothel whose owner was drunk as fuck that day.

Because of Adrian, I was broke so I decided to sell Evelyn to him when he was drunk and I thought thay Evelyn was dead but she was alive. My bad.

But I have to agree that Evelyn and Parkars are lucky. Even after the hell lot of beatings, she still survived.

I sighed angrily and kept drinking, enjoying the beautiful weather.

Soon my phone ringed. It's him.

I smirked a little and picked his phone.

"Mate" I said seductively after answering the call.

"Victoria. You're not ready for the information" He said and I frowned.

"Why? What happened?" I asked him.

"Well, I'll tell you everything from the start. Evelyn was sold to brothel by her mother and we both know that her mother was you" He said to which I smirked.