Chapter 2

Previously on Chapter 1

But it only lasted for a few seconds, before he stands up abruptly. I turn to look at him. "I have some work to do. Can't relax all day... come on and help me with some stuff" he said, turning to look at me. I give him a soft smile and nod my head. I stand up and walks alongside him as he starts to lead me somewhere. I may have no idea what's going on around here... but at least, I'm not alone.

-A New Friend-

Y/N P.O.V

Turns out Senku leads me to a cave. There's Taiju standing by the entrance. "There's someone in this stone world aside from Senku, Y/N-Chan and I! Who place that here?!" He said. "I did, you big oaf" Senku said. I just shake my head.

I take a sniff and crunch my nose. "That smell..." I said. Senku turns to look at me. "Surely, you'd know what's that smell is" he said. I grin and nod my head.

"Obviously... it's Nitric Acid, right?" I said. He nods his head. I turn my head to look inside the cave. "So, what are you planning?" I asked. He walks further inside and I follow along, Taiju follows the two of us.

"Why do you think the stone surrounding our bodies breaks?" He asked. Taiju makes a thinking voice. "The stone rotted?" He asked. Senku nods his head and starts to explain the process. I just nod my head every now and then, since I'm also from the science club. But of course, I'm not as smart as Senku is.

I hear a soft whining. I turn my head to see a small baby leopard. I frown and make my way over to it. The baby leopard turns to me and hissed. I stop for a few seconds and gives the leopard a soft smile.

"It's okay... I mean no harm. I just want to help you" I said. The leopard tilts its head. I kneel down and scoots closer towards it. I slowly outstretch my hand towards it, allowing the leopard to sniff my hand. I smile softly when the leopard licks my palm. I let out a soft giggle at the ticklish sensation.

I gently pick the leopard from the ground. I realize the leopard is a boy. "Let's see what's the problem now. Okay, boy?" I said. I hear footsteps coming towards me. I turn my head to see Senku and Taiju.

"What are you doing with that leopard! Let it go! It's dangerous! Put it down, now!" Senku said. I shake my head and rub the leopard behind his ear. "He's not dangerous... he needs my help, Senku. I can't just abandon it" I said, frowning at his word. He let out a sigh, and didn't argue with me. He knows that if I've set my mind on something, there's absolutely nothing that can change my mind.

We make our way towards the camp, this time with a new addition. I make my way under the tree and gently place the leopard down. It keeps licking my hand, making me realize that he's hungry. But since he's still a baby, he needs milk. But how can I find milk in the stone world? Right, there are plants that can be substitute for milk. I just have to go look for it.

"Are you sure you want to keep it here, Y/N-Chan? What if it'll attack us?" Taiju asked. I turn to look at him. "With that weak body of his? I doubt it... are you going somewhere?" I asked, noticing the basket on his back.

"Oh, I just got back..." he said. I stand up and make my way towards him as he lower it down. I notice he have found some potato. I grin happily at the sight. I can make some milk from potato. I take the potato from the basket.

"What are you planning to do with those potato, Y/N-Chan?" Taiju asked. I turn to look at him. "I want to make some milk using this" I said. "Milk??" He said. I smile and nod my head.

"For the baby leopard..." I said. He hums and nod his head. I just smile at his reaction. "I'll be sure to save some for you, Taiju..." I said. He grins at what I said. I start to make the milk from the potato.

A While Later

I finally complete the milk. I make my way to the leopard and sit down next to him. The only thing I have is the clay pot bowl. So I pour the milk and place it in front of the leopard. I smile softly, when he starts to drink the milk. I gently pat his head. I wonder where his parents are. But he seems to be alone out there.

I notice a scratch on the right hind leg. "Oh, you're hurt too... wait here, okay?" I said. He turn to look at me and let out a sound. I let out a giggle and stand up. I walk inside the forest, trying to find some herb leaf.

I make my way back towards the tree house, once I manage to gather a decent amount of herb. I grab some rock and start to mash it down, turning it into some paste. The leopard is just laying down now. I make my way towards him.

"Hey, you have a little scratch on your leg. Let me treat it for you, okay?" I said. I sit down next to him and gently apply the paste on his wound. He let out a whine, without a doubt is due to the pain. I caress his head with my free and as I keep applying the paste.

He snuggles up to me once I'm done, which makes me let out a soft giggle. I gently pat his head, as he dose off. I can hear a soft purring sound coming from him. This lets me know that he's comfortable around me.

I hear footsteps coming closer towards me. I turn my head to see Senku. "You really keen on keeping him, Y/N?" He asked. I just smile and nod my head. He let out a sigh and nods his head. "Fine... just make sure he didn't do anything rashly..." he said. I grin and nod my head, happy that he let me keep the leopard.

I turn to look at the leopard who have move to lay on my lap. I guess I won't be able to move for now. I just lean my back against the tree, staring at the sky above me. Looks like I've made a new friend in the stone world.

*to be continued*