Chapter 8

Previously on Chapter 7

A tear escape my eye, I wipe it away as soon as it streams down my cheeks. I don't want anyone to notice, because I don't feel like explaining things. I can't help it though... even though Senku and I are dating, it feels like we're nothing. It's really painful.

-Fighting-

Y/N P.O.V

"I hate to break this heart-touching reunion between you both. But we don't have much time. We only have two option. Choose one. Plan A, all three of you run away from here while I try to stall him. Or plan B, we fight him together to stop Tsukasa's murder spree using the weapons of civilization" Senku said. I stand straight and turn to look at him.

"What are you even talking about, Senku? I'll stay by your side of course!" I said. Taiju looks fired up as he move towards us. "Yeah, Y/N-Chan is right. I'm not going to run away" he said. Yuzuriha nods her head in agreement.

"I don't know what's going on, but I'll help as best as I can!" She said, nodding her head. Senku just let out a chuckle. "I'm not trying to be nice or anything. It just seem logical to give you three a chance to flee" he said, shrugging. "If Tsukasa really is killing people, I'll-" Taiju said.

"So, I'm 'killing people'? Huh, I'd say it's a matter of perspective..." someone said. I turn my head to see Tsukasa walking towards us. He have a dangerous look on his face.

"I'm culling them. For the benefit of the world" he said. I clench my hands into tight fist. He's not even trying to hide his intention. He seem different from the person I knew. What happened to him? Why is he suddenly acting like this?

"Senku, Y/N-Chan, if things go bad, please take care of Yuzuriha. I'm gonna stop him! Right here and now!" Taiju said. He rushes forward, trying to attack Tsukasa.

Senku grabs a crossbow and shoots right in between the two of them, trying to stop them from fighting one another. But Tsukasa manage to catch the arrow with ease. He even manage to land a hard kick on Taiju's arm, sending him staggering backward. I can see a look of surprise in Tsukasa's eyes.

"Nobody has ever taken one of my kicks full force and remained standing before. Yes. It's true. But what's even more interesting, is the feeling I get that you refused to attack me just now. Why is that?" he said, analyzing the situation. I mean... he's right about that. As far as I've known Taiju, I know that he's not the type of guy who likes violence. He never fought back, not even once.

"I don't hit people! You can kick me or hit me or whatever the hell you wanna do! But I'm tellin' ya! You gotta stop breaking those statues! Because killing is wrong! End of story!" Taiju said. I shake my head at what he said. Did he expect he can actually convince Tsukasa just by saying that?

Tsukasa stares at Taiju for a few seconds. He covers his mouth, as if trying not to laugh at what he said. "Taiju, let me make sure I understand you. You'll let me pummel you as much as I like so I stop breaking those statues. That's what you're saying, right?" He said.

"Yeah! Exactly!" Taiju said. Tsukasa just stares at him. "I don't understand... you're not making any kind of deal" he said, letting out a soft chuckle. I just stare at their interaction in worry.

"But if you insist on getting in my way-" Tsukasa said. "I don't care how many times you wanna come at me! I'm not gonna stop trying to stop you!" Taiju cuts him off.

"That girl you just revived. What if I told you I'd kill her instead?" He asked. I let out a gasp at what he said. He just threatened he's going to kill Yuzuriha. Taiju quickly steps in front of Yuzuriha, to protect him. But not a second later, he collapses with blood flowing down the side of his forehead.

"Taiju-Kun!" Yuzuriha said, rushing over to his side. Senku walks over to them. "Seems it did hurt him. He's bleeding like a stuck pig. He'll need a couple of days to sleep it off" he said.

I turn to Tsukasa and stands in front of Yuzuriha. "If you wanna kill Yuzuriha... you have to kill me too. I won't let you hurt my friends" I said, outstretching my hands. Tsukasa just stares at me.

"Let's not fight each other. You just protect your girlfriend and quit worrying about random statues. Meanwhile, I will do what I need to do. Stay out of my way" he said. He turns around and walks off. I heave out a sigh of relief, knowing he won't try a thing to hurt Yuzuriha.

"That arrow was moving at over 200 kilometers per hour" I muttered, staring at the arrow Tsukasa had thrown to the ground. "That's crazy, he just grabbed it" Senku said. I turn to look at him. He turns to me for a few seconds and turn to Taiju. He walks up to him and start stepping on him repeatedly.

"Nap time's over! Rise and-" Senku said. I rush to him and pulls him away from Taiju. "What are you doing??" I said, holding him back. He moves me aside and moves towards Taiju again.

"You said he needed to sleep for a few days!" I said. Yuzuriha nods her head in agreement. "Give me a break! Is this it? You're just gonna lose that easily, you big oaf?" Senku said, completely ignoring us. To my surprise, Taiju jumps awake.

"No way! Not me!" He said. I turn to him worriedly. "Are you sure you're okay?" I asked. He turns to look at me and grins. "I'm made of stronger stuff than that! And I'm still crazy-full of energy!" He said. I let out a sigh.

"Well, thank goodness..." Yuzuriha said. I just nod my head. Taiju let out a gasp as he just remembers what is happening. "We gotta stop him! Before he can murder anybody else!" He yelled out. My eyes widened in disbelief.

"Wait! You big oaf!!" Senku said, grabbing onto his belt. But Taiju keeps trying to run forward, dragging Senku. I rush to stand in front of him, holding onto his shoulders.

"Are you trying to get yourself killed??" I said, in a scolding manner. He keeps trying to get passed us. "I don't give up that easily! He can kill me if he wants to!!" He said.

"Don't you understand what just happened? He just show us we can't stop him with brute force!" Senku said, still holding onto his belt. Taiju finally stops at what he said.

"Still. We gotta do something..." he said, standing straighter. I let out a sigh of relief. At least Taiju got back to his senses before anything bad could happen to him. But one thing bothers me though. Why did Tsukasa reacted that way when I told him he needs to kill me too if he wants to get to Yuzuriha? That look in his eyes... he seem... upset. But why?

*to be continued*