Chapter 13

Previously on Chapter 12

As always, he's being cold to me. But I don't mind his coldness, I'm used to it. I'm just so happy that he's alive and okay. I thought I was going to lose him. Thank Goodness.

-Going Separate Ways-

Y/N P.O.V

Yuzuriha takes something out from her animal skin bag. "What do you think? Does that look like a rocket ship to you?" Yuzuriha said, holding up what seem to be a science flag. Taiju stares in awe at what she have made.

"There's a bunch of stars too!" He said. Senku just stares for a bit. "It doesn't... not even a millimeter" he said. I nudge his rib softly, making him turn to look at me. I give him a look, which makes him let out a sigh.

Yuzuriha tie the science flag around Senku's neck with a large branch. This makes Senku wears a splint. He gently pulls it looser.

"I'm 10 billion percent sure, I won't be needing this. I'm okay... Professor Senku human sacrificial works perfectly" he said. I pat his shoulder softly. "Just in case... keep it on, okay?" I said. He let out a sigh and nods his head, making me smile softly.

Senku whispers something to Yuzuriha, after she made a comment that we might be able to save the people whose statues have been destroyed. I tilt my head, eyeing them curiously. Taiju walks up to them and asked them to tell him too.

Yuzuriha turns to look at him, letting out a nervous chuckle. "I, uh... I was saying that maybe you and I should go meet up with Tsukasa..." she said. Taiju smiles at what she said.

"What?? Why??? You mean the same homicidal maniac that killed Senku?? I mean... he's alive" he starts protesting while shaking Yuzuriha. I just let out a soft giggle as Yuzuriha looks so confused and a little dizzy.

"And that is exactly the advantage we gained in that little fight" Senku said. I turn my head to look at him, along with Taiju. "What do you mean?" I asked. He turns to look at me.

"Tsukasa thinks I'm rotten in hell right now. I, on the other hand, know his whereabouts in the real world. We can have a major advantage in this war, if the two of you can infiltrate the 'Tsukasa's Empire' and act as our spies" he said. Taiju let out a gasp at his explanation.

"Wait... two of us?" He asked. Senku nods his head at his question. "Y/N will be coming with me. You can make up any excuses about her... and as for you two. I gave Yuzuriha the details about the mission you'll be undertaking... Taiju, your main objective is to protect Yuzuriha... with a blockhead like you, the less you know, the better..." he said. I just smile and nod my head. Senku wants me to come with him and it makes me happy.

Senku and I will try to look for the one who sent that smoke signals. We'll try to get them on our side. So we can build our Kingdom of Science. With that, we turn around and take our separate ways.

I walk next to Senku in silence, when a Taiju scream out our names. We stop walking and turn to look at him. He have his fist raise up high in the sky. I blink my eyes and smiles. I lift my fist as well, as Senku holds up his science flag.

"We'll 10 billion percent going to build our Kingdom of Science..." he said. I smile and nod my head. We turn around and continue walking once again. I try to hold myself back from crying. The four of us had just been reunited after the whole petrification. But we have to part ways again. But it doesn't matter... the next time we'd met... we'll be the strongest group of people.

***

Senku and I keep walking, when suddenly a large tree collapses which makes the two of us stops dead on our tracks. Senku is the first one to get over his shock and runs off. I quickly follow his lead.

When we came down the hill, there's a girl that got trapped under the fallen tree. She let out a gasp as she notices us. "It's you, the sorcerer gentleman who was protecting that girl. And you... the animal Enchantress that showed no fear" she said. Wait... what did she call me? Animal Enchantress?

I turn my head to look at P/N who's right next to my feet. He turns to look at me and rub his head on my calve. I smile softly at him and turn to Senku who rushes towards the girl. He starts inspecting the tree to see if he can move it.

"Do you think you can last until evening? If you feel like dying, I'll take gamble and use my last batch of gunpowder to blow this tree. But if you can hold out, It's going to take forever, but I'll save you. 10 billion percent!" He asked, turning to look at the girl. The girl just stares at him.

"You're the one who can decide that! So which is it? Choose now!" He said. The girl finally blinks, as if just snapped out of her daze. "Yeah! My bones and internal organs are all fine. I can hold on!" She said. Senku smirks at what she said and gestures me to come and help him.

We start to work on making the pulley. It will give us a strong leverage that'll help us lift the tree from the girl's body. I start to stuff the bamboos with dirt to make it stronger while Senku starts making a rope.

A While Later

Senku climbs up the tree. He's sets up the finished pulley, while I handle the tree. "What is this?" The girl asked. I turn my head to look at her and smiles.

"This is science..." I said. Senku let out a chuckle at the girl's curiosity. "This particular device was invented by Old Man Archimedes a few hundred years B.C. And it can make a skinny high-school nerd like me as strong as Hercules! The pulley!" He said. He turns around and jumps of the tree. The pulley starts to do its job and lift the tree from the girl's body.

I loop my arms under her armpit and gently move her out of the way, just in case the tree might fall again. I stand up and walks towards Senku, helping him tie the rope around the tree.

"Amazing..." the girl said. I turn to look at him. She stares at the two of us in amazement. "No... I'm not talking about the wisdom of Archi-whatever..." she said, slowly sitting up. She's mostly staring at Senku while she speaks.

"What I mean, is how you both kept going through every single step until you solved the problem. Your perseverance is amazing. I think it's finally time to introduce myself. My name is Kohaku, and I think I've taken quite a liking to you..." she said. I froze at what she said. Wait... what?? 

*to be continued*