Chapter 19

Previously on Chapter 18

I notice Senku holding native copper in his hand. I let out a chuckle, already catching on what they might be talking about. Chrome probably didn't want to ruin the copper, but Senku probably didn't listen. I mean... I'm not surprised. Senku rarely ever listens to people. That's just how he is.

-Let There Be Light-

Y/N P.O.V

"Now... all we need is thunder" Senku said. As soon as he said that, the sky starts to grow darker. I can hear rumbling coming from outside. Everyone said that we're lucky, but we're far from lucky. This is the worst case scenario, because we haven't prepared anything.

We quickly starts to prepare things. Senku take one of the bridge's plank. "What are you going to do with that??" Ginro said. I start to carve a panel to make the copper wire. Senku grabs the copper wire and wrap it around the iron.

"Oh no... it's Magma" Chrome said. I turn my head, noticing three guys walking towards us. "He's not the type to listen" Kohaku said. I stare at the guys with worry. We'll be in deep trouble if we get into a war with the villagers now.

Gen walks across the bridge, holding some flowers. I watch as he pulls the backhand trick at them. I can see two of them looking scared and runs off, while the bigger guy just stares at Gen for a few seconds. He turns around and walks away. I let out a sigh of relief, at least we're save now.

***

We have finally completed the dual hand cranked generator. Now we just have to find two people who will move in perfect synchronization, or it's going to break. We think about it for a few moment.

Everyone seem to be thinking of two specific person. Kinro and Ginro. Senku is now climbing up the roof of the science shed. We make our way towards the two of them.

"Science are awesome! Come with us... we'll show you what we've created" Chrome said. Kinro just stare at him with an annoyed expression. "Not a chance" he said. Chrome falls on the ground, with a dejected look.

"Man... electricity are awesome. Back in the modern day, we can use electricity in many things. I'm sure that with science... we can make some golden spears and silver spears. Right, Senku-Chan? Y/N-Chan?" Gen said. Senku walks up next to him.

"Oi, electro coating isn't that easy. Do you even know the recipe?" He asked. Gen shrugs his shoulders at what he said. "I don't know a single thing~" he said. I let out a sigh and shake my head. I turn my head to look at the brothers, to see them looking intrigued.

The two of them starts spinning the hand cranked in perfect sync. Senku starts to climb up the roof. "Do you really have to climb the roof?" Gen asked. Senku glance at us and smirks.

"Not really, but might as well..." Senku said. I watch in awe as the light starts lighting up the whole spot. I clap my hand excitedly.

I lean down as P/N keeps on nudging my leg, wanting my attention. He leans his head on my stomach, I gently rub his ears making him purrs softly. I let out a soft giggle at his reaction.

"You've gotten so big now, P/N

"You've gotten so big now, P/N..." I said. He opens his eyes and stares at me. His eyes dilating, until his pupils are round. I coo softly at his cuteness. He pat his head and he starts to lick my palm, making me let out a soft giggle at the tickling sensation.

A While Later

We're now gathering inside Chrome's shed. Kohaku is talking to Suika and Chrome how Tsukasa didn't even hesitate to kill. I just rub P/N's head, who is laying next to me with his head on my lap. His tail sways softly, as he enjoys the attention he's getting from me.

"So you see, Suika... this long haired man is the one behind Senku's murder" Kohaku said. Senku gently rubs the back of his neck. "Although I'm not dead" he said, chuckling softly.

"He's a bad person. He didn't even hesitate to end Senku's life for his own selfish gain" Chrome said. Senku looks annoyed because they're ignoring what he said. "I told you... I'm not dead" he said.

"He's a bad person! And Gen's with him... which means he's bad too. But he saved us from Magma. He's a good person!" Suika said. I let out a sigh and shake my head.

The Tsukasa I knew back in the hospital. He's gentle and kind. I don't know why he's acting the way he is. I remember the first day I met him.

Flashback

It was the day S/N passed away. I walked out of the room, and collapsed on the floor. I started to cry at the thought that I won't be able to see my lil sister anymore. 

"Are you okay? Why are you crying?" Someone asked. I turned my head to see a boy, who looked older than me. "M-My... my s-sister p-passed a-away" I said. He frowned at what I said. He kneeled down in front of me.

"I'm so sorry for your loss... but your sister is in a better place now. My sister just got taken to the ICU because she got into an accident" he said. It's my turn to frown at what he said. "Oh dear... I hope your sister will be alright..." I said. He smiled softly at me.

He kept me company until I calmed down. He tried his best to assured me that I needed to let go. That my sister will be in a better place. He told me that my sister is free, and that she won't be in anymore pain.

"Thank you... uhh..." I said, trailing off. He blinks his eyes and realized what I'm trying to say. "Oh, my name is Shishio Tsukasa... what's your name?"He asked, offering a hand for me to shake. I gently wiped my tears. I placed my hand on top of his, accepting his handshake.

"I'm L/N Y/N. It's nice to meet you, Shishio-San" I said, giving him a weak smile. He gave me a small smile. That's how I ended up meeting Mirai and take the chance to volunteer in looking after the little girl.

End of Flashback

"Hear that, Gen?!" Chrome's voice snapped me out of my daze. I turn my head to see him standing by the door. "Who cares who wins? Whether it's Senku or Tsukasa... science are way more fun!!" He said. I just stare at him.

"Man... aren't you passionate? But unfortunately. I don't care who wins... I only care whether it would benefit me" he said. Kohaku stands up and holds a knife. Senku lift his hand, gesturing her to stay calm.

I let out a sigh and turn my head to look at P/N, who have fallen asleep next to me. I'd rather if we don't have to fight. But with how things turns out, soon or later, there will be a war between the kingdom of science and Tsukasa's Empire... it's inevitable.

*to be continued*