Chapter 16

Previously on Chapter 15

As a last attempt, Chrome challenges Senku in a battle of numbers... arithmetic. But Kohaku is quick to put him down by commenting that Senku will be the one who's going to win. Chrome drops onto the ground, looking defeated. But this outcome means, Senku and I finally have our science shed. Which is a great start!!

-The Stone Road-

Y/N P.O.V

We make our way inside Chrome's shed. My eyes lit up at the amount of mineral collections. Senku also looks excited.

"This is exhilarating!" He said. He walks towards the collection and starts going through each one. I beam when I pick up one. "Galena! We get lead!!" I said. Senku turns to me and beams happily.

I turn my head and notice Kohaku and Ginro looks confused. They think rocks are just rocks. I can't blame them, if you don't really understand minerals. It does look like they're only rocks.

We head outside. I crouch down next to Senku as he starts to boil some of the cinnabar. I can see the two guards eyeing us suspiciously. I turn my head to look at the one name Kinro and walk towards him.

"Come over here, please..." I said, grabbing the wood part of his spear. I drag him with me and dip it into the solution Senku is making. I turn to look at Kinro and smiles softly at him.

"Don't inhale it, okay? It's toxic" I said. His face turn a little pale at what I said. I turn my head to look at Senku. He finished the process, which makes the sharp part of the spear coated in gold.

"Your name is Kinro right? So a golden spear would work great for you" Senku said. Kinro just stares at the spear, not saying anything at first. "I hope you aren't trying to bribe me with this sorcery of yours. Whatever happen, I will not break the rules. Rules are rules. Although, I don't see the need to remove it either..." he said. He turns around and walks across the bridge.

"Nuts..." Senku said. I just let out a chuckle and keep petting P/N fur, who's sleeping in my arms. P/N has gotten quite big. It won't be long until I won't be able to hold him anymore. He's growing too fast.

***

Senku is currently telling Chrome how things works. Chrome asked Senku if there's a way to save Ruri. I suggested the antibiotic. Senku is quick to agree with my statement.

Kohaku is eager to help as well, because Ruri is her older sister. Senku starts to draw the roadmap of the steps we'd need to go through to create the cure all sulfa drug. The first thing we need to make is iron. Which isn't easy to create.

I'm sitting by the tree as Senku looks exhausted due to all of Chrome's questions. I just let out a chuckle at the sight of my boyfriend exhausted self. Chrome on the other hand, looks extremely excited over the things he have learned from Senku.

"So the earth's the one that's moving?!" Chrome said in an excited tone. "Yeah..." Senku said. Kohaku who is sitting on the tree above me turns to look at him. "If that's true, then why am I not flung off this tree?" She asked.

"Y/N... a little help. I'm drained..." Senku said, which makes me let out a giggle. I lean my head back and look up to Kohaku. "It's because of gravity. It's the force by which a planet or other body draws objects towards its center" I said. Kohaku hums softly and nods her head.

Senku sits up and points towards a star. "That's the North Star. It always points at North, remember that" he said. Kohaku and Chrome turns to look at the star Senku just pointed.

"Really? That seem a little off from North..." Kohaku said. I furrow my eyebrow at what she said. My eyes widened when I realize what that meant. I turn my head to look at Senku, who seem to realize the same thing.

"Hmm... how do you know the ex-North Star isn't pointing to North?" He asked. Chrome let out a laugh at what he said. "Seem like the great Professor Senku and his girlfriend didn't know about this stone. Put it on top of a leaf and it always points to North" he said. I turn my head to look at the stone he's talking about.

"It's a magnet" Senku and I said together. Chrome falls back at what we said. "You know about that, damn it!!!" He said. Senku walks towards Chrome and take the magnet. I grin and turn to look at him.

"Well done, Chrome! Now that we have magnet. We can gather the iron we'd need!" I said. Chrome grins happily at what I said. I turn to look at the sky, and notice it's too dark. So we can only start tomorrow. Kohaku head back to the village, while Senku and I head to Chrome's shed to sleep for the night.

The Next Day

I calmly walk towards the river. P/N pace back and forth on the land before settling himself by the rock. He start to yawn and curls himself up. He fell asleep in an instant. I let out a giggle and shake my head. I dip my hand inside the water and start gathering some iron sand.

"Woo hoo!!!" Chrome yelled out. I turn my head to see him and Senku jumping from the cliff, and into the water. When they resurface, I notice Senku's hair is down. It's always down when they're soaking wet, and honestly... he looks really handsome with his hair down.

I shake my head, dismissing the thought. Now's not the time for me to start ogling over Senku. He's my boyfriend anyway. But right now, I need to focus on the task at hand.

I turn my head, noticing Kohaku scolding Senku and Chrome. They're slacking off instead of working. I let out a giggle when Kohaku hits Chrome on the head. I shake my head and turn to continue gathering some iron sand.

I notice something floating on the water. "What... is that?" I asked. Senku turns his head to look at where I'm looking. "A watermelon?" He said. I got startled when a body appear from within the watermelon. It turns out to be a little kid.

"Oh, it's Suika... did you follow me here?" Kohaku said. She walks towards the kid and pat her rind. "Is that her name?" I asked. Chrome turns to look at me. "It's probably nickname. Since she always wear that watermelon rind on her head..." he said. I just hum softly and nod my head at what he said.

Chrome turn to look at the girl and gasp, noticing she's holding a magnet. Chrome walks over to her, snatching the magnet from the girl's hand. Suika claims that she only wants to help. She seem upset that she haven't been able to be useful, because she keeps wearing that watermelon rind on her head. I smile softly and walks up to her.

"I appreciate the help, Suika..." I said, gently placing the magnet on her hand. Senku nods his head at the little girl. "Science don't turn away from anyone. We will appreciate all the help we can get..." he said. I smile and gently pat her rind. She looks bashfully at the two of us. I just giggle at her cuteness. I may not know what she looks like, but I have a feeling that she's a cute girl.

"Suika will gather as many iron sand as Suika can! Donburako... Donburako..." she said. I furrow my eyebrow at what she said. "Don't drown!! What're you? Momotaro?!" Chrome said. I turn my head to look at them.

"You don't know Monster Hunt... but you know Momotaro?" Senku said. I stand straight. "Who taught you these stuff?" I asked. Chrome said they learned it from Ruri.

"I'm starting to get really interested in this Ruri..." Senku said. I turn my head to look at him. "What do you mean?" Chrome said. Kohaku walks up to the two of us.

"Senku... Senku-Sensei..." she said. Senku turn to look at her. "Chrome seem to have a little crush on Ruri-Nee..." she said. "Oh... so that's what this is all about..." I said. Senku just hum and turn to look at Chrome. Kohaku turns to look at him as well.

"Senku and Y/N here are together... no need to be wary. I like how clueless he is... like a kid" she said. I let out a giggle and walks off with the two of them, as Chrome let out a complain behind us. I just keep on walking while shaking my head.

As much as I don't want to admit it... I can't help but feel a little jealous of Ruri, because Senku have been giving her some of his attention even though they haven't met. While he is being so cold towards me. But I have to put this jealousy aside, because we need to do this. We have to cure Ruri, so we can gain these people's trust.

*to be continued*