Chapter 9

Previously on Chapter 8

"Still. We gotta do something..." he said, standing straighter. I let out a sigh of relief. At least Taiju got back to his senses before anything bad could happen to him. But one thing bothers me though. Why did Tsukasa reacted that way when I told him he needs to kill me too if he wants to get to Yuzuriha? That look in his eyes... he seem... upset. But why?

-Running Away-

Y/N P.O.V

Senku heads up to the tree house and start to smash every clay pot. Yuzuriha who was a member of the crafts club starts whining about how it's a waste. I place my hand on her shoulder.

"We have to do this. To make Tsukasa believe that he scared us off..." I said. P/N stands next to me and let out a sound. I turn my head to look at him and kneel down. He jumps into my lap and snuggles up to me. I just smile softly and pat his head.

"As much as I'd love to cuddle you, P/N... we have to get going..." I said. He let out a whine but get off my lap anyway. We head out of the tree house and runs off, to make the footsteps appear as if we're rushing off.

After we're sure we're far enough. We start to walk. We're heading to Hakone. Where Senku claim that place will be the source of the ingredient we'll need for the ultimate scientific weapon.

I turn my head and notice Senku looking breathless. He's never have a good endurance. He get tired quite easily. Hopefully, he's going to last for the rest of the way.

Eventually, we come into a clearing. "Wow, the view up here is beautiful!" I said, looking around the place in awe. Yuzuriha nods her head in agreement. Senku takes out something from his pouch.

"What's that, Senku?" Taiju asked, pointing at the device in Senku's hand. "That's a sextant..." I said. Senku nods his head at what I said. "It's been 35,970 seconds since sunrise" he said. I let out a nervous chuckle. Even though I quite like science, I'm still no where near Senku's level.

"You just spit that number out like it was no big deal" Yuzuriha said. I turn to look at her and smiles awkwardly. "I mean... this is Senku we're talking about, right Taiju?" I said, turning to the guy next to her. "Yep, while he was a statue, he counted for hundreds of billions of seconds" he said. I nod my head in agreement.

"So he's pretty good at it by now..." I said. Senku let out a sigh as he lower the sextant. "It's suppose to tell you your exact location based on the time. Unfortunately, this one seems to be a total garbage" he said.

"But without GPS, that's all we've got, right?" I said. He turns to look at me and nod his head. I glance around the place. "Where do you think we are?" I asked.

"I'm guessing we're around Kamakura, I'd love to know our true coordinates..." he said. I let out a soft sigh. Out of the corner of my eyes, I can see Yuzuriha staring at something. She quickly runs off, with the three of us following her.

Eventually, we come into a clearing. I can see the Buddha statue. "The Kamakura landmark is still standing..." I said, staring at the statue in complete awe. Senku breathe heavily for a few seconds before letting out a chuckle.

"Our location is 39 degrees, 19 minutes North by 139 degrees, 32 minutes east" he said. I smile happily and let out a soft cheer. Now we know our location. Finding the way to Hakone wouldn't be so hard now.

"You see? Hey, what's wrong, Yuzuriha?!" Taiju said. I turn my head to see Yuzuriha crying. I stare at her with a worried expression. "Did someone make you cry? Was it me??" He said, pointing at himself.

"I'm not crying! I mean, I am... but it's not that kind of crying. 'Cause it's not anybody's fault, okay?" She said. I walk towards her and gently place my hands on her shoulder.

"What is it, hm?" I asked. She stares at me and sniff lightly. "It's just... this is a lot for me to handle. I haven't been up for a full day and none of these feels real to me yet. But seeing the Great Buddha of Kamakura like this make me realize that we really are in Japan, and thousands of years have passed by without us. I thought about my mom, and my dad, and everyone else. And I just..." she said. I frown at what she said. I gently wrap my arms around her. I run my hand through her hair, trying to comfort her.

"C'mon, there's nothin' to worry about. We're gonna beat Tsukasa before too long, then saving humanity is right around the corner" Senku said. I smile at him and nod my head.

Taiju grins at what Senku said. "Senku's right, ya know?! Thank the Great Buddha here for showing us the way! He's still standing strong after thousands of years, just like a God! Hm? Or like a Buddha. Well, anyway, it's a true inspiration!" He said, laughing. I just smile at his faith.

"Well yeah. The statue's made outta bronze. The chemical is resistant to corrosion" Senku said. I place my hand on my chin, thinking of what he said. He's right about that one.

"Look, though! There's no trees or plants or anything growing around the Buddha! Kinda like he wanted us to find him so he made it super easy!" Taiju said again.

"Well, yeah. It's leaking iron like crazy... which is toxic to most kinds of vegetation..." I said. Senku perks up at what I said. "That gives me an idea, though! We'll use bronze to make mirrors!" Senku said. I turn to look at him as he rushes forward, while holding a stone hammer.

"Time to give my crappy sextant an upgrade! I just need some of this, so..." he said, as he starts to hit the statue with his hammer. Taiju panicked at what he's doing.

"No, stop! Ah!! That is like, so wrong!! Don't hurt the Great Buddha!" He said, rushing to stop Senku from destroying the Buddha. "Get out of here, simpleton!" He said.

"Y/N! Do something with your boyfriend! Stop him!"Taiju said. I just stand there, not really sure what to do about Senku's action. I just turn my head to look at Yuzuriha. She turns to look at me and let out a soft giggle.

I smile softly at her and leans down to pick up P/N, who's been trying to get my attention. I gently caress the back of his ear, earning a purring sound from him. I let out a soft giggle as he snuggles closer to my chest. I turn my head to look at the sky. Something is bothering my mind, but I don't know what it is.

*to be continued*