Chapter 23

Previously on Chapter 22

I just turn my head to look at the rocky ceiling. There are thoughts that are bothering my mind. He found me near the cliff after I fell. How'd he know I was in trouble in the first place, and where I was? Did he... stalked me? But why?

-Tears and Comfort-

Y/N P.O.V

I keep laying on the bed Tsukasa placed me in. My body still feels a little weak to move around. P/N is the only one who keeps me company at the moment. He refuses to move from my side, laying his head on my stomach. I just pet his head softly, as he sleeps peacefully.

The curtain moves aside and two people walks in. I turn my head to see who they are. My eyes widen as soon as I realize who they are.

"Taiju... Yuzuriha..." I said. They smile at the sight of me. "Y/N-Chan!" Yuzuriha said. They rushes over to me. I gently move P/N's head from my stomach and sits up. Yuzuriha kneels down next to me, wrapping her arms around me. Taiju just smiles widely behind Yuzuriha.

"Thank goodness you're alright, Y/N-Chan. When I saw Tsukasa-kun returns while carrying you. You were so weak and pale" she said, still hugging me. I just place my head on her shoulder.

She pulls away from the hug, placing her hands on my shoulders. "What happened? How did you end up with Tsukasa-Kun?" She asked. I stare at her for a while, and burst into tears. She frowns as she pulls me into another embrace. Taiju sits down next to me, gently patting my back to comfort me.

Once I calm down, Yuzuriha pulls away. She stares at me as if waiting for me to start telling her. I turn to look at the cave's entrance. She seem to catch on what I'm trying to say.

"Taiju-kun... do you mind if I talk to Y/N-Chan? Just the two of us?" She said. Taiju just smiles at her and nod his head. He stands up and walks out of the cave to give us some alone girls' time.

"Okay... so what happened, Y/N-Chan?" She said. I just look down for a moment. "Senku... he..." I start. I blink my eyes rapidly, trying to fight back the tears. I cover my mouth, trying my best not to start crying again.

"Why? What happened? Did he do something?" She asked, worriedly. I turn to look at her and start to tell her what Senku said. The whole time, she stares at me in disbelief, hand on her mouth.

Tears starts falling from my eyes after I finish telling her what happened. "Oh, Y/N-Chan..." she said. She wraps her arms around me, pulling me into a hug. I just bury my face into the crook of her neck, crying softly.

"I... I'm sure he didn't mean what he said" she said. I shake my head at what she said. "No. Senku never lies about things. He meant what he said... he don't need me" I said. Yuzuriha just rubs my back softly. She didn't say anything afterward.

She helps me lay down, gently caressing my head. I just curl up into a ball, closing my eyes. Tiredness starts to get over me, so I just let myself drift off to sleep.

***

The next time I open my eyes, I realize Tsukasa is here with me. He make sure to keep a fair distance between us. As if he didn't want me to be startled by his presence.

"How are you feeling?" He asked. I just smile at him and nod my head. "I'm fine... thank you for saving my life" I said, still smiling softly. Although, I kind of wished I don't survive.

"What is it?" He asked. I blink my eyes in surprise. "What do you mean?" I asked. He let out a sigh at what I said. "I notice your smile is fake. What truly happened?" He asked. I stare at him. I'm surprised that he notice my smile was fake. How?

I just look away from him. "If you don't want to talk about it. You don't have to. I'm not going to force you to talk" he said. I just give him a thankful smile. At least, he's being respectful.

"Since you're all better. Do you want to get out? A good fresh air would be good for you" he said. I turn to look at him and nod my head. He stands up and offers his hand to me. I place my hand on top of his, letting him pulls me to my feet.

He leads me out of the cave and start to show me around the base. P/N quietly follows next to me. I just look around the place, noticing how big the bodies these people have. Are these the kind of people Senku are facing against? Can he even fight back?

My eyes sadden at the thought of him. I still can't believe he would say things like that towards me. After everything I've done for him. He would just throw me away like trash. If that's how he's going to be, why'd he asked me to be his girlfriend to begin with? Was he just toying around with my feelings?

"Are you okay?" Tsukasa asked, snapping me out of my daze. I turn to look at him. "Huh?" I asked. He just gives me a small smile. "I asked if you're okay... are you?" He asked again. I just hum softly and nod my head.

"I'm just tired. I guess I haven't fully recovered yet. I'm still a little dizzy..." I said. I stumble a little on my footing. Tsukasa is quick to catch me before I fall. I froze when I realize how close our faces are to each other.

I quickly pull away, tucking a strand piece of hair behind my ear. "Thanks for catching me..." I said. He smiles and nods his head. "You're welcome. Are you sure you're okay?" He said. I just nod my head at his question.

"Tsukasa-San... who's this real cutie?" One of the guy said. I start to shuffle uncomfortably on my feet at the way he's staring at me. Tsukasa notices that I'm being uncomfortable and turns to look at him.

"This girl is off limit... I'll kill anyone who dares to make a move" he said, glaring at him. He flinched and turns around, quickly walking away. I turn to look at Tsukasa, surprised of the way he's acting. Why is he acting so... protective?

Tsukasa turns to look at me and smiles softly. He gestures me to follow him so he can start showing me around the base. From the place where they'll gather for meals, along with his throne room.

I keep noticing all the males here are staring at me each time I walk passed them. The way they stares at me makes me feel really uncomfortable. But they quickly stops staring as soon as Tsukasa turns to them.

Aside from the way he's acting towards me. I'm more surprised that he didn't mention about Senku... not even once. It's like, he somehow knew that I don't want to talk about him. Yuzuriha told me that he still doesn't know that Senku is alive. But I thought he'd at least ask about Senku. But he didn't and I wonder why?

*to be continued*