Chapter 34

Previously on Chapter 33

"And you, long haired man... I'll give you a proper introduction since I've failed to do so before. It's nice to meet you, we're the Kingdom of Science!" She said. I just stare at the two side in sadness. The war between the Kingdom of Science and Tsukasa's Empire... it finally begun.

-A Temporary Truce-

Y/N P.O.V

Tsukasa and Hyoga jumps down the tree, leaving me sitting here. While Senku, Chrome and Gen turns to run towards the cave. I wonder what they're trying to make.

Everyone starts to fight. I just watch from the tree. I notice everyone is struggling to fight off Tsukasa and Hyoga together. They're already very strong alone, to fight the two of them would be very hard.

Tsukasa rush towards the cave. But Taiju blocks his path. "You're not going! Not to where Senku is!" He yelled out. Tsukasa didn't say anything as his gaze is focus else where. I furrow my eyebrow and follow his gaze to see a paper plane.

"Tsukasa... this isn't a battle between the science and might. Might is science. Do you know the Ancient Greek name for 'might'? It's dynamite..." Senku said. I let out a gasp and turn to look at the paper plane. It bumps into a branch. A loud explosion happens. The wind created by the explosion is too strong. I have to cover my face, losing balance in the process.

I let out a scream as I start to fall from the tree. I close my eyes tightly, as I brace myself for an impact. But it never came. I open my eyes to see it's Hyoga who have caught me.

"T-Thank you... H-Hyoga..." I said. He just nods his head and places me on my feet. I turn my head to look at Tsukasa, who stares at me with a worried face. I give him a soft smile.

"I'm okay, Tsukasa..." I said, walking towards him. He let out a sigh of relief and wrap his arm around me, pulling me close. I just lean my head against his chest. He leans down and place a soft kiss on my forehead, gently running his hand through my hair.

"I'm glad you're alright, Y/N. Thank you, Hyoga... I owe you" he said, turning to look at Hyoga who just shrugs in respond. Tsukasa turns to look at Senku, with his arm still wrapped around me.

"No matter if I swat it, or try to avoid it. It's still going to explode. No one will be able to escape such a wide range of explosion" he said. Senku let out a chuckle at what he said.

"Oya oya... looks like we're stuck. It's not a victory. It's simply a stalemate" he said, as he walks closer towards us. Tsukasa eyed him with his cold stare. "You're not the type to sacrifice anyone nor yourself. Which means Senku, your objective are?" He said. Senku gives him a light smile.

"Yeah, to negotiate, Tsukasa..." he said. He glance me for a moment, before turning to look at Gen. "You said the first time you ever saw Tsukasa was at a reality show, right?" He said. Gen blinks his eyes at what Senku just said.

"Oh. Uh, yeah... that's right" he said. Senku hums and turns to look at Tsukasa. "Don't you think that's a bit odd? He could have had everything in the world, yet he's pushing forward with a noble goal of purifying established power or whatever. That's the kind of man Shishio Tsukasa is..." he said, smirking while staring at Tsukasa.

Senku crossed his arms across his chest. "Yet this guy had been participating in a tons of fights, and showing on TV all the time, making tons of money. So much that he earned the nickname; 'strongest primate high schooler.' It doesn't add up. That just doesn't seem like his style..." he explained in a calm voice.

"Making tons of money seemed like such an obvious thing to do that I never even thought about it..." Gen said. I turn my head to look at Tsukasa.

"But for whom?" He said, turning to look at Tsukasa with a knowing gaze. Tsukasa just stayed silent, as he stares at Senku. I feel his hand tightens a little as he grip my shoulder. But not too tight to hurt me.

"She's alive, isn't she, Tsukasa? Your little sister..." Senku said. My eyes widened as I think about Mirai. She was claimed to be clinically brain dead after the surgery she went through. The doctors claimed that the chances of her waking up from her coma was slim. But why would Senku brought it up?

"We might be able to save her. With the peripheral healing effect of the reviving from petrification. It's not much, but there's a chance" he said. Tsukasa stares at him with a doubtful gaze.

"And as for that revival fluid..." he said, walking up to the side of the cave. He turns to look at Tsukasa with a scummy face. "Oyaaa~ look at that. We have all of it" he said. I just let out a sigh at his antics.

"And what reason do I have to believe you?" Tsukasa said. I gently slip my hand in his, making him turn to look at me. I smile softly at him, as he stares at me.

I can see the longing and sadness reflecting in his eyes. I know exactly what he felt because I have went through the same. The only difference is that, I've lost mine and Mirai is in a coma. But I know what's going on inside his mind. He just wants his little sister back.

"If Senku believes it might work, then there's no harm in giving it a try. Maybe we can save her..." I said, giving his hand a light squeeze. He frowns at what I said.

"Even after getting hurt by him... you still trust him, Y/N" He said, in a hushed voice. I smile softly at what he said. I turn to look at Senku as he stares back at me.

"Because I know Senku would never lie when it comes to science" I said, smiling softly at him. He just responds with a light smile. I just turn to look at Tsukasa.

"Isn't that enough? Please, Tsukasa... let's just give it a try..." I said. He let out a sigh and nod his head. I smile softly at him, and gently wrap my arms around his torso. He quickly respond by wrapping his arms around me. I can feel his body shaking a little.

"Yeah... that's plenty..." he whispered, tightening his arms around me. He buries his face in the crook of my neck as I wrap my arms around his neck. I can feel his hopeful emotion. I really hope it's going to work and we can save Mirai.

*to be continued*