Chapter 39

Previously on Chapter 38

"Yeah, I know... he's the one who fixed your broken heart after I broke it. I'm so sorry for what I did, Y/N. I'm sorry that I failed to show you how much I truly love you. I regretted everything. But I accept the fact that you're happier with him. I will save Tsukasa... one way or another. That's my way to make things right with you..." he said. I can hear the determination in his voice. I just nod my head at what he said, knowing he's going to find a way to keep Tsukasa alive.

-Hold On-

Y/N P.O.V

I make my way inside the cave where Tsukasa is. I take a seat next to him. He opens his eyes as if he can feel my presence. He turns his head and makes eye contact with me.

"Y/N..." he said. I smile softly at him. He reaches out to me and grabs my hand. "Yeah, Tsukasa. I'm here" I said. He gives my hand a light squeeze. My gaze slowly moves towards the bandage around his chest. He went through a surgery, but that alone isn't going to be enough to keep him alive. In a few days, he might die from sepsis.

I feel his hand moves from mine, placing it on my cheek instead. I just close my eyes, placing my hand on top of his. "Look at me..." he said, in a soft tone. I open my eyes and turn to look at him. I can see a soft smile on his lips.

"You can't die, Tsukasa... I still need you. Mirai still needs you. She will be lost without her brother by her side. If it's not for me... please hold on for her" I said. My voice cracks a little, as tears starts to pool up in my eyes.

I blink my eyes, letting the tears streams down my cheeks. Tsukasa gives me a sad smile as he gently caress my cheek, wiping away the tears. I hold his hand firmly against my cheek.

"I don't want to lose you, Tsukasa. I can't... I can't handle another heart break" I said, in a hush voice while shaking my head weakly. My heart clenches painfully against my chest at the thought of losing him.

He moves his hand from my cheek to the back of my neck. "Come here..." he said, gently pulling me to him. I just move to lay next to him. He holds me close as I start to cry softly, while placing my head on the crook of his neck. He place his hand on my head, gently caressing my hair. I start to sob as I cry softly.

After a while, I finally calm down. But I stay snuggle up against Tsukasa, who keeps playing with my hair. I hear the sound of footsteps coming closer towards us. I wipe my tears and pulls away from Tsukasa's neck. I turn my head to see it's Senku and Gen.

He kneels down across from us. I move to sit up and just hold Tsukasa's hand with both of mine. Senku turns to look at me.

"You didn't have to pull away from him. It's okay for you to show any kind of affection. No need to stop just because I'm here..." he said. I just give him a small smile. I can see the look of sadness Senku is giving me. I remember what he said to me the other day.

I'm sorry that I never show you how much I truly love you... I regret it so much, Y/N his voice echoed in my head. I shake my head, trying to get rid of the thought. I shouldn't be thinking about that. It's in the past now. I'm with Tsukasa... and he's the one I love. I don't feel anything towards Senku anymore.

"I know my body better than anyone. That surgery was only to buy me some time. I'm going to die in a few days because of sepsis..." Tsukasa said, snapping me out of my thought completely. I turn my head to look at him.

I bit my lips at what he said. Tsukasa turns his head to look at me. He gently give my hand a soft squeeze. I turn to look at him, giving him a pained smile with tears in my eyes.

"Tsukasa... there's just one way to save you" Senku said. I turn to look at him. "How?" I asked. He turn to look at me. "I'm going to have to petrify you. Then use the healing effect of the revival fluid to heal you" he said.

"Petrify him to heal him? Do you even know how to do it?" Gen asked. Senku chuckles at what he said. "Calm down... what are you? An overly excited kid? That's what we're going to find out. We'll try to look for the source of light that rained down on us 3,700 years ago. But we don't know how long that will be. There's 10 billion percent chances that you will be dead by then..." he said. I just stay silent as I stare at Senku, waiting for him to finish his sentence.

"So, Tsukasa... I'm going to have to kill you" he said. My eyes widened at what he said. "You're joking... r-right? Tell me you're joking!" I said, raising my voice a little. Senku turns to look at me.

"Let me finish what I'm trying to say, Y/N. This is the only way. I'm going to freeze him to death. It's a literal cold sleep. That's the only way to save his life" he said. I shake my head at what he said, tears starts to gather in my eyes.

"No... I can't lose him, Senku!" I said. Senku just give me a pained gaze. "I'm sorry, Y/N. It's the only way... I can't think of anything else and we're running out of time. The longer time we waste, the closer Tsukasa is to death" he said. I shake my head and looks down at my lap, tears starts to stream down my cheeks.

"Y/N... hey, it's okay..." Tsukasa said, lifting his hand as he gently cupping the side of my cheek. "No... it's not okay. I c-can't lose y-you, Tsukasa. I d-don't w-want to..." I said, as I start to cry softly.

"You heard what Senku said. He will bring me back one way or another. You know him longer than I do. You know he always stays true to his words... so I'm sure that I will be back..." he said. I bit my lips, not saying anything.

I close my eyes tightly, as I start to cry. Is it really the only way? Do I have to lose Tsukasa this way? What if the plan failed and Senku can't bring him back... it would mean, I will lose him forever. I can't... I don't want to lose Tsukasa. I've grown to love him with all of my heart.

*to be continued*