Chapter 27

Previously on Chapter 26

Senku never acted this way towards me. He's never acted so gentle. Tsukasa is completely different. He showed that he truly care. But am I ready to open my heart again after having it broken? Can I give him a chance?

-New Feelings-

Y/N P.O.V

After treating the injured man the other day. They start to trust me more in treating the injured. This naturally made me the doctor here. I'm happy since I've always dreamt of being a doctor.

I'm currently treating another injured man. I gently wrap his injured arm in bandage. Once I think it's secure enough, I tie it up into a knot. I turn to the man and smiles softly.

"You're good to go... come back here again in the evening, so I can change your bandage..." I said. He nods his head, and smiles at me. "Thank you, Y/N-Sama" he said. I just nod my head, not commenting anything about the fact that he called me with an honorific. I'm kind of used to it by now. Seems like everyone here thinks that I'm with Tsukasa.

My mind drifted to Tsukasa. The way he confesses his feelings for me. He seem truly sincere. But I don't know. I'm not sure if I can open my heart for him. I just have it broken by Senku.

I hear footsteps coming closer. "Yes, what can I help you with? Oh... hey, Tsukasa" I said, realizing who it was. He smiles softly at me and walks further inside. "Hey, Y/N... I see you've been busy" he said. I smile at what he said.

"I don't mind... I've always wanted to be a doctor. So to be able to care for these people truly makes me happy" I said. He hums at what I said. I start to organize the herb plants, making sure to group them by kinds and what they're useful for.

"Y/N..." Tsukasa called out. I turn my head to look at him. "Yeah?" I questioned. He walks over to me and gently grabs my hand. I stare at our hands and turn to look at him again.

"What is it, Tsukasa?" I asked. He just stares at me, without saying anything. I tilt my head slightly as I stare at him, wondering what he have to say. I feel his hand caressing the back of my hand. He slowly leans in, making me froze in my spot. What is he doing? Is he trying to kiss me??

"Tsukasa..." I said, in a hush voice. He stops midway, just as his lips about to touch mine. His forehead is pressing against mine. "I'm sorry... I shouldn't have made a move when I know you're not ready" he said. I shake my head, letting him know it's okay.

I can feel my heart beating faster at the thought that we almost kiss. Why do I feel this way? Have I start to catch feelings for Tsukasa?

"Y/N?" He called out. I turn my head to look at him. "Yeah?" I questioned. He lift his hand, cupping the side of my cheek. "Are you okay?" He asked. I nod my head.

"Yeah... why do you ask?" I asked. He gently caress my cheek. "You just went silent for a while. If there's something bothering your mind, you can always talk to me. I'm not like your ex, Y/N. You don't have to hesitate to reach out to me. You can rely on me..." he said. I stare into his eyes, as he smiles softly at me. I can see the sincerity reflecting in them.

"Thank you, Tsukasa..." I said, smiling softly at him. I hesitate a little, but I move closer to him. I place my head against his chest while wrapping my arms around his torso. He wraps his arms around me. His head is place on top of mine.

I close my eyes, letting myself relaxes in his arms. I feel safe in his arms. A feeling I've been longing to feel when I was still with Senku. Sure, Senku do let me hug him every now and then. But never this long. He would only let me hold him for a few seconds. But Tsukasa seem like he don't mind at all. Instead, I can feel his arms tightening around me.

I slowly pull away from Tsukasa. I turn my head to look at him. I open my mouth, but said nothing. I don't even know what to say. So I just close them again.

"What is it?" He asked. I just smile softly at him and shakes my head. "It's... nothing" I said. He just hum and gently caress my hair. His gentle gestures brings warmth into my heart.

The curtain moves aside to reveal the woman I know as Homura. The only thing I know of her is that she's Hyoga's right hand woman. Her arm is bleeding as she walks up to us.

"I'm sorry if for interrupting. But I need a little help with this" she said, gesturing towards her arm. I turn my head to look at Tsukasa.

"Sorry... but I have a patient to take care of" I said. Tsukasa smiles softly at me and turns around to leave the cave. I turn to look at Homura, gesturing her to take a seat on the stone.

"So... how did this happen, Homura-San?" I asked, kneeling down next to her as I start to inspect her wound. "I got scratched while swinging from trees to trees..." she said. I hum softly and start to clean her wound.

"It's not too deep, so no stitches is needed. I'll just apply some numbing paste to help with the pain" I said. She nods her head at what I said. I stand up and walks towards the basket filled with the plants. I select the ones that are good for numbing pain. I start to grind them into paste.

I turn to Homura and start to apply the paste on her wound. She hissed in pain, but didn't say a word as I continue to treat her wound. "You've been watching the Kingdom of Science for a while, huh?" I said. She turns to look at me as I bandage her arm.

"Yeah..." she said, nodding her head. I hum and nod my head. "What're they up to so far?" I asked. She's silent for a bit. "They made cotton candy machine..." he said. I furrow my eyebrows at what she said.

What would they need cotton candy for? Unless they are trying to make something else. Senku knows well that they're not going to win with just cotton candy. I am sure he plans to make something extravagant to counter-attack Tsukasa's empire... and cotton candy wouldn't do any damage. He's surely aware of that... so, what could he be planning?

"Is it true that you and Senku... were dating?" She suddenly asked. I blink my eyes as I stare at Homura in surprise. "Yeah, we were. But it's over now" I said, saddening at the thought. She turns to look at me.

"But you're with Tsukasa-San now, right? I've seen the two of you being so close to each other" she said. I stay silent and think about what she said. Me and Tsukasa? Close?

Sure, Tsukasa is kind and he seem truly sincere with me. Not once did he say or do something to hurt me in any way. Instead, he always makes sure that I feel happy, calm and safe.

I can feel a strange, yet familiar warmth spreading in my heart as I think about Tsukasa. This was what I used to feel when I was around Senku. But now, I feel this feelings towards Tsukasa. I place a hand on my chest, right where my heart is. My eyes soften as I realize what's happening. I have fallen in love with Tsukasa.

*to be continued*