Chapter 46

Previously on Chapter 45

I move to stand up and make my way towards the entrance. I turn my head to look at the freezer one last time. "See you soon, Tsukasa..." I said. I turn around and walks away.

Till we meet again...

-I'll Wait For You-

Y/N P.O.V

We can't straight away continue our journey to the other side. For several reasons, one of them is the fact that we still need to create a ship that will take us across the sea. We also need oil. Which means, we'd have to search for it.

Unfortunately, searching for the oil would be hard. Due to over 3.700 years have passed, the geography of earth have changed. Which means, if we do want to find that source of oil, we're gonna have to make a new map.

Kohaku and Senku are both scouting the area using the hot air balloon. I'm helping Yuzuriha with some crafting project. I turn my head to look at the cave where we had kept Tsukasa's frozen body. I feel a pang of sadness in my heart. Oh, how I wish he's still here next to me. I just miss Tsukasa so much.

"Y/N-Chan?" Yuzuriha said. I blink my eyes, snapping out of my daze. I turn my head to look at her. "Are you okay? You suddenly zoned out. If you're tired you can just take a break" she said, worriedly.

"Oh yeah... sorry, Yuzuriha-Chan" I said. She smiles at me, assuring me that it's okay. I slowly move to stand up and walks off, making my way towards the area where there's a lot of flowers where I plan on making a flower crown.

I sit in the middle of the flower field. My hand starts to work on making a flower crown. A sad smile appears in my mind as I recall the day I made a flower crown for Tsukasa.

Flashback

I turn my head to look at Tsukasa as my hands continue to make the flower crown. He's staring at me with a fond smile on his face. The way he's staring at me makes me feel a little shy.

"Do you mind?" I asked. He stares at me with a confused gaze. I gesture the flower crown to his head. He let out a soft chuckle. He lowers his head, allowing me to place the flower crown on his head. "It looks good on you, Tsukasa..." I said, giggling softly. He places his hand on the flower and smiles fondly at me.

End of Flashback

I snap out of my daze when I feel a droplet of water landed on my hand. I look up at the sky to see it's still sunny. I lift my hand, placing it on my cheek to realize it's my tears. I didn't even realize I had started to cry.

I wipe the tears from my eyes, trying to stop myself from crying. I feel something pulling me into an embrace. I let out a gasp and turn around to see no one is there. I let out a sob as I clutch my chest. For a moment, it almost feels like you're here, Tsukasa. I miss you so much.

My body eventually gets tired after crying. I move to lay down on the flower field. I'm close my eyes, letting my body drifted off to sleep while holding onto the flower crown.

***

I open my eyes to see I'm inside my tent. My hand is still holding the flower crown. How did I get here? Didn't I fell asleep at the flower field? Looks like someone must have brought me here. I wonder who was it.

I let out a sigh and stands up. I decide not to think too much about who might brought me back here. Instead, I'll just head to the cave Tsukasa's in.

"Hey, Mirai..." I said, entering the cave to see Tsukasa's little sister. She turns to look at me and smiles brightly. I walk up to her. I place my hand on her head, caressing her soft blond hair. I turn to look at the freezer where my boyfriend laid in.

I gently open it, placing the flower crown on his head. "There... it looks so good on you, Tsukasa..." I said, with a soft smile. I lean down, placing a soft kiss on his forehead. "I love you so much. One day, I'm sure we can bring you back... and I'll be right here waiting for you, Tsukasa" I said. I close the lid. I don't want to risk letting the temperature rise, it won't be good for his body as he needs to remain frozen.

I turn to look at Mirai to see a sad look on her face. I lean down to be on the same eye-level as her. "Hey..." I said. She turn to look at me. I caress her hair softly. "It's going to be okay, hm? We'll make sure to bring back Tsukasa. Okay?" I said. She just smiles softly at me. I gently wrap my arms around her smaller form. She places her head on my shoulder.

I feel Mirai's body relaxing, soon followed by a soft snore. I smile softly to myself as I realize she had fallen asleep. I should take her back to the tent for her to get some rest.

Time-skip

I gently place Mirai down on the makeshift bed. I lean down to place a gentle kiss on her head. I smile softly as I caress her head. I stand up and make my way outside as it is still around noon.

"Hey..." a soft voice said. I let out a small squeak as I didn't expect anyone to be near me. I turn my head to see Senku. "You never changed. Still easily gets scared" he said. I huffed and rolled my eyes at what he said. He just gives me a small smile. "So, how are you holding up?" He asked.

"Fine. It's just so much's going on. My best friend, P/N is gone. Now Tsukasa... but, I'm gonna be fine" I said, giving him a soft smile. I turn my head to look at the cave Tsukasa's in. "Besides, I believe that he'll be back one day. I wish that day would come sooner... I miss him a lot" I said, smiling softly. Tears starts gathering in my eyes. I feel a pair of arms gently embracing me. My head is pressed against a firm chest. A steady heartbeat can be heard.

"I'll do everything in my power for that to happen. With the help of science. I'll bring your boyfriend back. It's the least I could do to make up for my mistake..." he said. I just close my eyes at what he said. His hand went up to my head as he starts to caress my h/c hair. I know Senku would keep his promise. He never lies when it comes to science. Tsukasa... no matter how long it would take...

I'll wait for you

*to be continued*

A/N: Honestly this is the one book I'm most confused about. Like, other stories will have character and Y/N meet a lot as they're soulmates. But, Tsukasa is in his cold sleep state. How am I suppose to work on that? But, I'll see what I can do. This story will be a slow update because I have to think a lot before writing. 'Till next time... bye!!