Chapter 41

Previously on Chapter 40

One way or another, Senku will bring me back... I will come back. I love you, Y/N... please remember that his voice echoed in my head. I smile sadly as I wipe the tears from my eyes.

I will wait for you, Tsukasa...

-Looking For A Captain-

Y/N P.O.V

It's been a week since Tsukasa is out into a cold sleep and honestly, it's the hardest days in my life. I keep on missing him as days goes by. I just want to have him close to me again. I want to feel his arms around me, holding me close... whispering into my ear that he loves me and that he will never leave me. I miss him so much.

I make my way towards the cave where Tsukasa is placed, holding a bouquet of flowers in my hand. I enter the cave and place it on top of the freezer. I turn around and take a seat next to it, leaning my back against the freezer.

"Hey, Tsukasa..." I said, in a soft voice. I lean my head back, staring at the rocky ceiling above me. I feel tears slowly gathering at the corner of my eyes. I close my eyes, letting them stream down my cheeks.

"I miss you. I'm sorry, I couldn't do anything to help you... and I'm suppose to be a doctor. How can I be a doctor, when I can't even rescue you" I said. I cover my mouth as I start to cry softly. Soft sobs escapes my lips as I try to control myself.

I hear footsteps coming closer. I turn my head to see Senku. He's holding a tray of ramen in his hand. He place it in front of me, and take a seat next to me. I just turn my head away from him.

"You need to eat, Y/N... you barely ate. You're going to get sick" he said. I let out a sigh at what he said. I turn to look at him and shakes my head.

"I don't have any appetite. The only thing I feel right now is numbness..." I said. He just sighs softly at my respond. He reach over, placing a hand on the side of my head. He gently pulls me closer, letting me rest my head on his shoulder. He place his cheek on my head, as he plays with my hair softly.

"I know you're hurting. But think, Y/N... it was not his choice. You have to continue your life for him..." he said. I just close my eyes, letting the tears fall from my eyes.

Senku is right. Tsukasa wouldn't want to see me like this. He would want me to be happy. I'll try my best to continue with my life, while waiting for his return.

I pull away from Senku and turn to look at him. I give him a weak smile and nod my head. He smiles and hands the bowl of ramen to me. I grab it from him and slowly starts to eat.

***

I follow Senku to where everyone is gathering. Mirai notices me coming and rushes towards me. She's the one who lost a brother, yet she's handling this better than me.

I should have been the one who act strong for her shake. But it's the other way around. She's the one who acted so strong, and I'm the one who's breaking.

"Hey, Mirai..." I said, gently caressing her head as she hugs me. She pulls away slightly and looks up at me. "I miss you, Nee-San..." she said. I smile and lift her up in my arms. She gently wrap her arms around my neck.

"I'm sorry for not being there for you, Mirai..." I said. She shakes her head and smiles softly at me. "It's okay, Nee-San. I understand. I feel sad because Nii-Chan isn't here with us right now too. But I believe that Senku-Nii will bring him back to us!" She said. I smile softly at what she said and hugs her.

I turn my head and notice a huge frame. I turn to look at Senku. "Is this the ship you're telling me about, Senku?" I asked. He turns to look at me and nods his head.

"It sure is... we're also about to go and try to search for someone that will be our captain. Do you want to come along?" He said. I turn my head to look at Mirai, wondering if she'd be okay if I leave her. She grins at me and nods her head, letting me know that it's okay.

I turn to look at Senku and nod my head. "Yeah... I'll go with you" I said. He smiles and nods his head. I place Mirai on the ground. She smiles at me and run up towards Yuzuriha. She turns to me and wave with a smile on her face. I smile softly and turn around to follow Senku.

Time-skip

We're currently in the ocean. Minami is the one that tells us where we should be looking. Apparently the destination we're heading to used to be a school for sailers. That will be where we're going to look for the captain for the expedition.

"I wonder what kind of captain we'll have..." I said. I let my feet dangle over the rack, letting it dip into the water. Senku let out a chuckle at what I said, making me turn to look at him wondering what it is that he finds funny.

"We'll look for someone with an amazing skill, that's for sure... ten billion percent" he said. I roll my eyes at what he said. I shouldn't expect less from Senku. I am not surprise that would be his aim. Throughout the years of knowing Senku, I know that he's mostly a perfectionist.

We eventually come to a stop when we reached an island. "So... this is where the academy was located?" I said, turning to look at Minami. She turns to look at me and nods her head, without saying anything. I just hum and nod my head.

I'm not so surprise that she'd acted a little cold to me. I'm aware of the fact that Minami is in love with Tsukasa. Seems like she can't take the fact that I'm the woman Tsukasa chose to love.

The strongest ones in the group starts digging the ground. They'll be gathering a lot of human statue, and Minami will pick the best one that will be our captain.

In the end, we ended up with a blond guy with a very boasting personality. He goes by the name Nanami Ryusui. He starts claiming everything he sees. He turns to look at me.

He walks towards me. "You're a beautiful girl. What do you say that we'll go explore the world together?" He said. I let out a nervous laugh at what he said. I open my mouth to say something, when someone beats me to it.

"I wouldn't even think of trying to be with her. She's not available..." Senku said. I turn my head to look at him for a brief moment. I turn to look at Ryusui after that.

"Yeah... what he said. Sorry" I said. He just nods his head at what I said. "The man that's able to own your heart will be the luckiest alive! You're a catch, my lady" he said, taking off his hat and bow to me. I just laugh, not knowing what else to say.

But my mind went to Tsukasa after he said the man that owns my heart. My eyes sadden at the thought of him. Tsukasa... I miss you.

*to be continued*