Chapter 7

Previously on Chapter 6

I yawn softly as my eyes starts to grow heavy. I turn to lay on my side, noticing Tsukasa who just enter the tree house. He place himself across the room. He turns to look at me. I offer him a soft smile and close my eyes, letting myself drift off to sleep.

-He's Dangerous-

Y/N P.O.V

Taiju left to collect some more shells in case we'd be needing more calcium carbonate. I turn my head and notice Tsukasa standing by the water. The water is up to his calve.

"This stone world, is a new untainted world. There's no adult to tell us off..." he said. He walks towards us and starts talking about a young boy, who was trying to collect some shells to make it into a necklace for his little sister. The sister loves the little mermaid.

That's why he wants to make the shell necklace to make her feel like a real mermaid. But the boy was beaten up by a man who claims the right of the beach. I look down, understanding the pain of the little boy.

I jump in fright when a loud shattering sound can be heard. I look up, only to see a piece of a head rolling over towards us. My eyes widened in shock at the sight.

"Tsukasa... you know what you're doing, right? You just killed a man" Senku said, while I just stare at him in complete disbelief. Why would he do such thing? I get that he hated the corrupted adult. But he didn't have to go through such length as destroying the statue.

"Of course... yes. I'm aware of what I just did..." he said. He starts going on about the petrification is a chance for us to filter humanity. He claims that we only need to revive only the purest hearts.

"How are you sure that the ones who chose will have a pure heart, Tsukasa? What if they ended up being just as greedy as the adult? It's in human's nature. What if... what if I turn out to be greedy? Are you going to kill me?" I asked, trying my best to maintain a calm face. Even though deep down, I'm shaken up by the sight of Tsukasa destroying a statue.

"No... it's not possible. A girl like you to have such a greed? That's not going to happen..." he said. I frown at what he said. "Why are you so sure? You don't know me, Tsukasa..." I said. He just ignore what I said and walks towards another statue of an adult.

"I just know... and Senku, don't you agree that this new world is a chance for us to restart humanity?" He asked. He lift his hand, forming it into a fist. But before he could destroy the statue, a hand is placed on his shoulder.

"No... not even a millimeter. I'm just a kind of guy who absolutely loves technology. I get excited by science, mechs, Doraemon and stuff like that. I'm going to use the power of science to rescue every single human" Senku said, smirking at Tsukasa. I can see a look of hatred in his eyes.

"Senku!! Y/N-Chan!! I have a good news!! We finally have a whole jar of revival fluid! We can finally save Yuzuriha!" Taiju said, rushing in out of no where. I hear a gasp coming from Senku.

I turn to look at him to see his face that tells me his horrified by what Taiju just did. No doubt... he wants to keep the fluid a secret. But Taiju being Taiju, just have to yell it out.

"What is this revival fluid that you're talking about?" Tsukasa asked. Senku turns to look at him. He let out a sigh and smirks. "It'll be a lot faster to just show you. Come on..." he said. He starts to walk. I just follow along quietly with the other two guys following not far from me.

A While Later

I help Taiju putting on some clothes on Yuzuriha's body. "Be patient, Yuzuriha-Chan. This time we're going to save you" he said. I just let out a soft giggle at what he said. The love he have for Yuzuriha is so cute! I'm kind of jealous... I wish Senku would act like that towards me.

"What is this? This is barely enough for just one person" Senku said. I turn my head to see him filtering the miracle fluid. "What? Did I take it too soon?" Taiju said.

"You can go and grab some more. In the meantime, me, Y/N and Tsukasa are going to play a little game" he said. Taiju agrees and tries to run. But Tsukasa is quick to grab him.

"In that case, I'll go. I'm a lot faster. So, Senku, can you tell me where this fluid is?" He asked, turning to look at Senku. I can see a slight smirk on Senku's face. He planned this. Senku told him the direction, and Tsukasa immediately runs off.

Senku let out a yawn, stretching his arm above his head. "Did Tsukasa left already?" He asked. Taiju who's still tending to Yuzuriha turns to look at him and smiles. "Yeah, in a blink of an eye" he said. Senku jumps forward.

"Let's make the revival fluid and revive Yuzuriha while Ysukasa isn't here" he said. I follow him to give him a hand at making the revival fluid. I stand next to him as I help mix the liquid.

"What's going on, Senku? You just said that it wasn't enough" Taiju said. Senku turns to look at him. "Did you really think I put the wrong clay put purposely?" He asked.

"But why did you want to get rid of Tsukasa so bad? He's a good person, right?" He asked again. I let out a sigh and turn to look at him. "He is a good person, Taiju..." I said. Senku nods his head at what I said. "Shishio Tsukasa is a good person... who happens to be a murderer" he said. I frown at the word he chose to describe Tsukasa. But I couldn't argue with him, since that's what Tsukasa did. He just destroyed the statue of the man. In other word, he killed a man.

"I understand now. You don't have to explain it any further. Something happened while I was gone, isn't it?" Taiju said. I just nod my head and continue to help Senku.

Senku gives the finished revival fluid to Taiju, telling him to pour it on Yuzuriha's body. Taiju grabs the pot and make his way towards Yuzuriha. But I notice he's stalling. Senku notices it too and rushes towards him.

"I just said we don't have much time, you big oaf!" He said. He tilt Taiju's hand, making him pour the content all over Yuzuriha's head. "Wahh!! You just pour it all over her! Can't you be a little more... you know!!" Taiju yelled out. A few seconds have passed by, but nothing happens.

Suddenly, her stone covered body begins to crack. Yuzuriha who just been released from her stone prison starts to fall. Taiju quickly rushes forward, gently catching her in his arms.

Tears starts to fall from Taiju's eyes as he stares at Yuzuriha, who slowly regained her consciousness. I smile softly at their reunion. I glance at Senku, who just watch the two of them.

My eyes sadden as I stare at my boyfriend, as he remain indifferent at the heart touching reunion in front of us. Why can't he act that caring to me like Taiju towards Yuzuriha? Why did he have to be so cold?

A tear escape my eye, I wipe it away as soon as it streams down my cheeks. I don't want anyone to notice, because I don't feel like explaining things. I can't help it though... even though Senku and I are dating, it feels like we're nothing. It's really painful.

*to be continued*