Chapter 31

Previously on Chapter 30

I thought that I'm finally okay. But seeing Chrome right here... reminds me of the man who broke my heart. The man whom I loved, but never appreciate me. As much as I keep telling myself that I'm okay. That this pain will disappear. It still hurts me. Why, why do I have to feel this way again? Why can't I just be happy? Am I not allowed to be happy??

-A Helping Hand-

Y/N P.O.V

Tsukasa is busy with something. He wants to search for more people that are strong for his army. I just stayed in the medic cave, caring for the ones who needed treatments.

After treating the last person for the day. I just take a seat on the stone chair. I let out a sigh as I lean my back against the rocky wall. My mind drifted off to Chrome.

He's been kept in the bamboo prison they created. I feel so bad for him. There has to be something I can do to help. Sure, Chrome belongs to the Kingdom of Science. He's Senku's ally. Even though Senku have broke my heart, Chrome didn't do anything wrong. I have to help him.

I make my way out of the cave. I notice Yo laughing. I frown as I crossed my arms across my chest. I roll my eyes as I hear him making fun of Chrome. I make my way towards them.

"If I tell Tsukasa you're just fooling around instead of doing your job. I wonder what he'll do..." I said, gently petting P/N's head who came to me. He's been spending quite a lot of time in the forest since it's mating season, so I rarely see him. But I don't complain about it, he's an adult leopard now.

Yo turns to look at me and starts to panic. "I-I w-w-wasn't fooling a-around..." he stuttered out. I roll my eyes at him, as P/N growls at him which makes him and the others flinch. I gently pat his head, to calm him down.

"Settle down, P/N..." I said. He relaxes and licks his paw. I turn to look at Chrome who's staring at me. I look away from him and turn to look at Yo. "What is it that you found amusing?" I asked. He starts to say random things, stumbling upon on his words.

"Okay, whatever. I don't even want to know. Just go back to work and don't slack off" I said. He stands straight at the sternness on my voice. "Yes, ma'am!" He said, saluting me. I shake my head at his antics. I glance at Chrome one last time and turns around to leave.

***

It's now night time. But Tsukasa still hasn't return yet. I take this as a chance to look for a way to help Chrome leave this place. As much as I know helping Chrome will means I'm helping the Kingdom of Science, which means I'm betraying Tsukasa. I just can't help it. He's my friend, and I shouldn't hate him for something Senku did.

I clear my throat when I notice Ukyo inside the cave where they kept the stuff they took from Chrome. He flinched at my sudden appearance, and turns to look at me. I raise an eyebrow as I cross my arms across my chest.

"What are you doing?" I asked. He hides his hand behind his back. "N-Nothing..." he said. I just sigh at what he said, and place my hands on my hips.

"Don't lie... I've seen what you're holding. You want to help Chrome escape the prison, right?" I said. He let out a sigh and move his hand, revealing a battery. I stare at the battery and turn to look at Ukyo.

"Don't go right. It's crowded with the guards" I said. His eyes widened at what I said. "Why're you telling me? Don't you hate Chrome? Since he's from the Kingdom of Science..." he said. I shake my head at what he said. I turn around and make my way to the entrance.