Chapter 33

Previously on Chapter 32

If only I didn't say those words to her, and actually try to understand her point. Which turns out, she was right. I did ended up winning the Grand Bout, and did ended up marrying Ruri. If only I had listen to her. She would still be here.

Y/N... I'm so sorry

-It Finally Begun-

Y/N P.O.V

I stand next to Tsukasa who's sitting in his throne. I watch as one of the men walks inside, holding what seem to be Yo's mask. Turns out, after Chrome left... he decided to faked his death. I just look away, since I know how Chrome managed to escaped. It was me who helped him. It made me feel awful, because in a way... it's the same as betraying Tsukasa.

"Yo's death won't be in vain" Tsukasa said. I notice him holding the mask firmly. But not too hard since he didn't want to shatter it. He turns to look at me. "Will you accompany me to the graveyard, Y/N?" He asked. I smile softly at him and nod my head. The two of us make our way towards the graveyard. It's where Senku's grave is placed. Even though we all know he's alive.

I notice Hyoga is here as soon as we reached the spot. He seem to be observing the place. We walk up to him. I stand next to Tsukasa, closely. Hyoga isn't exactly giving me a good vibe. Even P/N is acting a little restless with him around. I have to pet his head to calm him down.

Tsukasa kneels down next to the cross sign and start to dig the ground. He starts to talk to Hyoga, while mentioning the names of the people who died during the village's attack. Hyoga claimed that those people die because of Senku's scientific machinery. But I'm aware that Senku isn't a type of person to go around killing people. That's how I know Hyoga is someone who can't be trusted.

I turn my head when I hear something. I turn to look at Tsukasa. There's something buried in the ground. I crouch down next to Tsukasa to take a closer look. It's yellow and looks like a cone.

Tsukasa let out a gasp. He quickly grabs it and pulls it out of the ground. There's a long wire being pulled along. Something jumps up from behind the hill right above us.

It's a red box with 'Senku' written on the surface with white ink. My eyes widened when I realize what it was. A cellphone... that's what Chrome was here for?! He was delivering the cell phone.

Tsukasa clenched his hands. He turns to look at me. "Come on, Y/N... we need to get going" he said. He kneels down in front of me, letting me climb on his back. I wrap my arms around his neck. He stands up and starts running with Hyoga not far from us.

***

Hyoga jumps forward, stabbing Ukyo right in his abdomen. I have to look away when Ukyo crashes into Senku, sending them sprawling on the ground. The jar in Senku's hand shatters. Which sends all the content splattering on the ground.

Tsukasa gently places me down on the branch. I just sit down as he turns to look at Senku. "Yo, Senku..." he said. Senku stands up and starts to cough a little. "Hey, Tsukasa..." he said, without turning around. I can see his shoulders tense a little.

"It's been a long... long battle. I'm sad that I have to take your life twice" he said. He let out a chuckle as he turns around to face us. "That's so cold of you... after I crawled back from hell with a thin strand of science just to see you again" he said. He turns his head slightly, finally noticing me.

I notice a frown on his face, as he stares at me. "Hey, Y/N..." he said. I can hear the longing in his voice. I look away from him. Tsukasa gently places a hand on my head. I turn my head to look at give him a small smile.

"And I see she's with you... she seems happier with you than she was with me. I believe you treated her better than I did, huh?" Senku said. I glance a little quick glance at him, to see him still staring at me. I can see a look of regret in his eyes.

"Hmm... of course. All you've done is hurt her. It's something I would never have begin to imagine on doing. I love her too much to hurt her. I will always make her happy. Which is something you've failed to do" Tsukasa said, still playing with my hair. Senku just chuckles at what he said.

"Oh, I'm sure you will..." he said, hands on his hips. Even though he's smirking, I can still hear the pain in his voice. Did he regret what he did to me that day? Well, it doesn't matter now. I'm with Tsukasa, and nothing will ever change that. Not even the love I used to have for Senku. That feeling is long gone.

"Seems like we've came just in time. It was a close call. But the war have just been won. Senku, I have a proposal for you" Hyoga said. Senku just chuckles at what he said.

"Yeah yeah... I know the drill. You want science man Senku to die in exchange for the village's safety" he said. Hyoga stares at him in amusement. "You are spot on. You took the word right out of my mouth" he said.

"No, Senku! Don't do it! It'll be just like last time!" Taiju said, rushing forward. Senku just scoffs at what he said. "Go pluck your eyeballs out and wash them. Take a look around you, you big oaf. How is it like last time? I was alone back then... but there's more of us now" he said.

"Yeah! That's right! You've got another science man, right here!" Chrome said, pointing at himself. I just stare at them. "That's right! Senku is part of us. He's no doubt our friend... and leader!" She said.

Senku turns his head to look at me. "I'm so sorry for everything, Y/N. I know I've broke your heart. But just know that I do love you... I keep blaming myself everyday for what happened to you..." he said. I just look away, not saying anything to him.

Kohaku walks forward. "Even though we're not on the same side anymore, Y/N... you'll always be my friend" she said. I turn to look at her in surprise. She smiles softly at me. She turns to look at Tsukasa.

"And you, long haired man... I'll give you a proper introduction since I've failed to do so before. It's nice to meet you, we're the Kingdom of Science!" She said. I just stare at the two side in sadness. The war between the Kingdom of Science and Tsukasa's Empire... it finally begun.

*to be continued*